Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Questions???

Options
  • 11-04-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    i was just wondering could anyone help me with this issue.
    I have 2 cats (Tiger 9 year old ginger male and Minnalouche 1 year old black male)
    I have been given the opportunity of a lifetime to travel the world for a year and to be honest too good to turn down.
    I was looking for a foster home for the cats while i'm away.
    I don't want to give them up forever and i don't trust and can't afford a cattery for a full year.

Does anyone know of a website or a person that can foster my cats?
    If you can help please leave a reply
    Thanks

Pat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 crazycatlady

It's a long shot but maybe if you phoned the ISPCA they could help or point you in the right direction. They use foster homes to care for some of their animals instead of keeping them in the shelters.
    I know this is the case in Galway anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

also try Pets Ireland as they could know someone too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

pajodublin wrote: »
    Hi,
    i was just wondering could anyone help me with this issue.
    I have 2 cats (Tiger 9 year old ginger male and Minnalouche 1 year old black male)
    I have been given the opportunity of a lifetime to travel the world for a year and to be honest too good to turn down.
    I was looking for a foster home for the cats while i'm away.
    I don't want to give them up forever and i don't trust and can't afford a cattery for a full year.

Does anyone know of a website or a person that can foster my cats?
    If you can help please leave a reply
    Thanks

Pat

I assume you have checked with your friends/family etc? (that's how I got my cats - friends went away for "three months" - that was 3 years ago, and I still have the buggers ;-))

May be worth putting up a notice in the local supermarket or so as well, and maybe check with your vet - they might know someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snuggle Bunny

Hi there,
    I would give Raheny Vets a call in North Dublin, I rescued my 2 kittens from there last year and the lady who looks after all aspects of fostering there is called Anne Kitt, unfortunately I no longer have her no but the vets will be able to give it to you, she is very caring for the animals and I know she would steer you in the right direction:)
    Another place you could try is the Moggy Motel in Navan, an excellent cattery and the only FAB recommended in Ireland, have a look at their website the facilities are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

A cat could be relocated quite easily for a year. It only requires to be kept indoors for a couple of weeks or a little over it so that it has time to accept the new location as its new home. Friends of ours were in a similar situation for 4 months and we 'adopted' their cat for the duration. To relocate her back home, they kept her indoors for a few days and all went well. Cats don't require a big time investment - just a litter tray when indoors. You might have friends/neighbours around you who'd be willing to take them on.

ValerieR

• Advertisement
Advertisement