Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for a mens Peacoat

Options
  • 11-04-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Looking for your help. I want to buy a black peacoat. I'm looking for this kind of fit/style.

http://www.debonairmag.com/upload/Image/Nordstrom-Theory-Peacoat.jpg

I'm in the Limerick area. Anyone have any ideas wher I could pick one up? I'd prefer not to purchase on the net. For a lacket like this i'd need to know the feel of it...unfortunately firefox hasn't mastered that trick yet :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I bought one on the net. That jacket you posted is peacoat styled but not quite right. The basic peacoat would not have epaulettes or any straps at the cuff. It also looks a bit on the light side.
    The best peacoats (if you're being anal about detail like I was) is either the Sterlingwear (supplie the U.S. navy but shipping is costly), Alpha or Schott. I bought the Schott version. Same cut as the official navy supplier, 32oz melton wool and the warmest jacket I've ever owned. Best money I ever spent.
    I bought mine here for about half what it'd cost here (if you could find it).
    http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/item-sb-740blk.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

il gatto wrote: »
    I bought one on the net. That jacket you posted is peacoat styled but not quite right. The basic peacoat would not have epaulettes or any straps at the cuff. It also looks a bit on the light side.
    The best peacoats (if you're being anal about detail like I was) is either the Sterlingwear (supplie the U.S. navy but shipping is costly), Alpha or Schott. I bought the Schott version. Same cut as the official navy supplier, 32oz melton wool and the warmest jacket I've ever owned. Best money I ever spent.
    I bought mine here for about half what it'd cost here (if you could find it).
    http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/item-sb-740blk.asp

Thanks for the help il gatto. I'm not overly concerted about the detail, I'm more concerned about the fashion side:p

From looking at the jacket in that link, its a little difficult to get an idea of the fit of the jacket. It soesn't really look like a slime fit, which is what I'd prefer. Would an Army/Naval shop here in Ireland be a good place to look for these type of jacket?

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I got my one, similar to this in Debenhams, might be a little bit late in the season now as its headin to spring but worth a visit!

Gridlock wrote: »
    I got my one, similar to this in Debenhams, might be a little bit late in the season now as its headin to spring but worth a visit!

I get the feeling thats its too late in the day alright. Just walked almost all the mens shops in Limmerick city center and the Cresent, but no luck. Found one in the Army Store on lower cecil street, but it wasn't the slim fit like I was looking for. It just felt a little too big. Tried Debenhams too, but to no avail!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I wear a size 42 suit jacket so that's what I bought, but if you want a slim fit, go down one size. So if you're a 42, get a 40. Those ones I put the link to are exceptionally warm. Maybe get a lighter one somewhere for this time of year. They're perfect for winter though.

• Advertisement

il gatto wrote: »
    but if you want a slim fit, go down one size.

Great minds think alike:p. I'm of slim build anyways. I tried a medium, but it just didn't feel/look right on me. Unfortunately they didn't have a small size. I'll just keep looking!

Advertisement