Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone - Handy app for forwarding SMS messages

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

higster wrote: »
    You can't forward messages with SMS tool on iPhone (pain)...below app gives you that ability (works on jailbroken 1.1.3 phone). Still prefer normal SMS app for usual use though...

http://www.iphonestalk.com/wetool-v0362-sms-forwarding-multiple-recipients-for-the-iphone/

Note its version 0.3.9
    To get WeTool:

Add: http://app.weiphone.com/installer/
    to your sources in installer.app
    tap installer.app
    tap sources
    tap edit
    tap add
    type: http://app.weiphone.com/installer/
    tap ok
    sources will refresh…
    tap install
    tap all packages
    look for WeTool ver 0.3.9
    tap install

Wetool also allows you to delete single text messages without having to delete the entire conversation and delete individual call records without having to clear the whole lot works on 1.1.4 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I was under the impression that sms forwarding was introduced on either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.

SMSd seems to be the better program according to all the different sites but the developer can't be found anywhere in the last month or so so the project has halted. How well does wetools work and can it be set as the default without any issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Does this app save SENT messages, so that you can send them again? That's one thing I find annoying... if I want to send the same message at a later stage, I have to write it again. I know you can send it to multiple people simultaneously but that's not what I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Does this app save SENT messages, so that you can send them again? That's one thing I find annoying...

Yes it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

su_dios wrote: »
    I was under the impression that sms forwarding was introduced on either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.

SMSd seems to be the better program according to all the different sites but the developer can't be found anywhere in the last month or so so the project has halted. How well does wetools work and can it be set as the default without any issues?

Just checked 1.1.4 phone & don't see forward option (defo not there for 1.1.3).

I could not get SMSd to work on 1.1.3 phone so not better program so.

Works ok for me but prefer to use normal SMS app for usual use (use wetool only when want to forward message). Don't know about setting it as default.

• Advertisement
Advertisement