Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The War Tapes" - Iraq

Options
  • 11-04-2008 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this, a very good documentary that was on Discovery the other night, about 3 US marines that are given a camera each and document their time in Iraq and how it affected them when they got home. I missed the first hour of it so hopefully it'll be on again, I recommend it to anyone interested in that sort of thing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

National Guard as it happens not Marines. Interesting nonetheless. What was most interesting is the way combat changed them all. I did feel from the commentary that one of them, Moriarty felt he had something to prove. I don't think he succeeded actually. Didn't help him at all I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I think bazi was an interesting character.... nice to have a different perspective on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

sorry, national guards not marines. I wish I had seen the first half cause I didnt get in to character traits of the people enough , I think this was shortlisted for the oscars, really had an original perspective, i.e. it wasnt blatantly anti or pro war, it really left it to the audience to make up their own mind based on the commentary

Advertisement