Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDA / Electronic Diary

Options
  • 11-04-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi, I had an old O2 XDA ( refurbished, used model) and great for my requirements, but locked up and told could not be repaired.

I am looking for a replacement. I only use this as a diary for my business, not interested in phone; games; camera or anything else. Want to be able to plug into my computer at night and download info to Outlook through active sync or similar as backup, and to print out for accounts verification etc.

Any suggestions of replacement and where to buy. Was quoted over €595 for an IPAQ 6915 from HP, whch is far too expensive for what I want.

Any sensible suggestions / alternatives, please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Noskoda wrote: »
    Hi, I had an old O2 XDA ( refurbished, used model) and great for my requirements, but locked up and told could not be repaired.

I am looking for a replacement. I only use this as a diary for my business, not interested in phone; games; camera or anything else. Want to be able to plug into my computer at night and download info to Outlook through active sync or similar as backup, and to print out for accounts verification etc.

Any suggestions of replacement and where to buy. Was quoted over €595 for an IPAQ 6915 from HP, whch is far too expensive for what I want.

Any sensible suggestions / alternatives, please

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=161051
    fantastic offer, I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Noskoda

strecker wrote: »
    http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=161051
    fantastic offer, I think...

Thanks for the info. Just checked that link and certainly interested. I'll follow that up thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Just for contrast, might look at this also...

HP iPAQ 214 €310
    --- 4" touchscreen 640x480, full size SDHC slot(SDIO), big battery life , WiFi, Bluetooth & CompactFlash slot for expansion options. (no phone,camera,GPS)

...was on special offer during the week for €235, worth looking around!!
    For me, 2.8" screens weren't big enough. Means I'll still carry a separate phone, though ...which has advantages/disadvantages... personal choice, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Noskoda wrote: »

Just on this point..... what exactly is the problem with the XDA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

whisht wrote: »

very good question, considering how phone store staff like the phrase "can't be fixed"! So, yeah...what's the prob?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Yeah. Thats my concern. Depending on what the issue is it might be still "fixable"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Noskoda

whisht wrote: »

I had the battery replaced by 'Back from the Future' where I purchased the item from. Ok for 6 months or so, then it would not connect to my computer through active sync at times, then the next day would. Eventually would not connect at all. Then the screen froze and I could not get it to do anything.

If you know of anywhere that might be able to look at it / repair it I would love to hear where

Advertisement