Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Meteor due a Product Upgrade

Options
  • 11-04-2008 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

as the title says..

It was around this time last year we seen the 6300 come on board
    and the N72 replaced by the N73

Do they have any plans to put the N95 into there range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

hi,
    i just moved to meteor and got the N95 8gig for 299. i got it out of the grafton street branch as their rolling them out now with their 3g service coming up in a few months.

really nice phone.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Saw it on the site alright. Was hoping for a bit of a price drop though! Was it locked / branded etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

hey,

Theres no meteor branding on it which suprised me, i moved from vodafone who brand everything it seems. They had four in the shop as of tuesday if memory serves me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

They definitely are imo. (although the n95 8gb now seems to be available on personal bill option now) Im on payg & currently have a k750i, which Ive had for around 18 months. I had a look at their payg line recently, thinking of an upgrade, but there was nothing to tempt me at all. Theres the u600, but Ive heard very poor things about it, & Im not that pushed about an extra megapixel on the camera for 180 bucks.

All I want out of a phone really is a good camera & good battery life, the k750i ticks those boxes better than anything meteor are currently offering. Even as a year & 1/2 old phone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

skywalker wrote: »
    They definitely are imo. (although the n95 8gb now seems to be available on personal bill option now) Im on payg & currently have a k750i, which Ive had for around 18 months. I had a look at their payg line recently, thinking of an upgrade, but there was nothing to tempt me at all. Theres the u600, but Ive heard very poor things about it, & Im not that pushed about an extra megapixel on the camera for 180 bucks.

All I want out of a phone really is a good camera & good battery life, the k750i ticks those boxes better than anything meteor are currently offering. Even as a year & 1/2 old phone.

The k750i was ahead of it's time, be happy you have this problem.

PAYG ranges are never going to be as good as bill pay ranges- they want you to sign up, as it represents a guaranteed income for the company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

SDooM wrote: »
    The k750i was ahead of it's time, be happy you have this problem.

PAYG ranges are never going to be as good as bill pay ranges- they want you to sign up, as it represents a guaranteed income for the company.

Yep, I realise both of those points, & take them on board. Still not sure why that means Id be happy to have this prob. :confused:

Meteor shouldnt be either, their not making any revenue off me not upgrading my handset, not to mention Im now looking at the options on the other networks, esp since o2 have matched & exceeded their free texts for life offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

as the title says..

It was around this time last year we seen the 6300 come on board
    and the N72 replaced by the N73

Do they have any plans to put the N95 into there range.

It was November before they brought in the N73 and E65 I was due my upgrade last June and had to wait until then as they added no decent phones within that time. I was suprised they added the N95 although I suppose they need something to compete with the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got my N95 yesterday. Wooo!

Advertisement