Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plugging in HTC TTYN II into PC.

Options
  • 11-04-2008 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I have the software set up on my machine at home. However I'm on holiday at the moment. I wanted to pull the files (pics mainly) off the Kaiser but says device is not recognised. I think I installed from my CD, but is it possible to get it online? Or am I screwed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Sure, you can download it from microsoft, softpedia, etc etc...
    Just google "download windows mobile active sync" (xp) or "download mobile device centre" (vista) - sorry, I'm on a phone at the mo'!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Downloaded that but it won't work. Says it cant connect to device even though it initiates the sync. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Hobbes wrote: »
    Downloaded that but it won't work. Says it cant connect to device even though it initiates the sync. :/

strangs... What kind of pc/os? keep googling! There's a 3rd party programme you install on the tytn (can't think of the name lol) - and other wm's - that lets you use the phone like any usb mass-storage device, i.e. pc's "think" it's a usb drive... i'm kind of in the middle of nowhere with just a phone.... So I can't help much, but I suspect it's the pc's prob! What about a bluetooth or wifi connection? Maybe the usb ports are just weird?
    EDIT: just googled myself... Darn, forgot tytnII is wm6; the apps I was thinking off don't work...
    If it's so urgent, all I can suggest now is to buy a cheap memory card reader.Put the tytn's card in and see if the pc recognises that - copy anything on phone memory to memory card first (btw, what size card? And what os on pc?)...
    On a lighter note: I hate wm/ms... It's 2008, euro 20.oo mp3 players plug into any usb port, but top range wm phones need all these crutches!!!

Advertisement