Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steorn - free energy

Options
  • 11-04-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

As some of you may remember, back in August 2006 an Irish company, Steorn, made an incredible claim that they had stumbled upon a way of producing 'a clean and constant' source of energy. If true, such an astounding discovery would have meant that some of the fundamental laws of physics - particularly the 1st Law of Thermodynamics - would have to be rethought, and the looming energy crisis averted.

Bar the embarrassment of the cancellation of the public demonstration of their technology, which they couldn't get to work, I've not heard a peep from these guys since summer 2007. The independent panel of experts brought in to determine if Steorn's claims were a steaming pile of crud or not should have reported back at this stage, but there's not a sausage from them. Has anyone heard any news?

http://www.steorn.com/about/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Of course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Silenced by the fossil fuel crowd. Damn conspiracy I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Tools

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

havent heard much from David Icke recently either. is there a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

God stop giving these retards column inches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

I remember reading about this, I had a look at wikipedia.

It points out a comment in the Houston Chronicle
    Recall that Steorn is a former e-business company that saw its market vanish during the dot.com bust. It stands to reason that Steorn has re-tooled as a Web marketing company, and is using the "free energy" promotion as a platform to show future clients how it can leverage print advertising and a slick Web site to promote their products and ideas. If so, it's a pretty brilliant strategy.

So basically it wasn't so much "look at us, members of the public, we've created free energy" but actually "look at us, prospective clients, we can promote our imaginary product, and we can promote your real products"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Focking Morketing Kants thelotofem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

So it was a large publicity stunt?

Though i will say i did like the joe90 sound the magic magnet made.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 decokiernan

Yet here we are discussing them some years later.

Indeed they really failed in their marketting techniques. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Burnt Toast

I don't see how this would be a good example of good marketing skills, a retard could market free energy. All they needed was a believable theory and alot of money to take out a full size page ad in a scientific magazine. Obviously people were going to look into it, and ask questions..

I think the marketing part of it is bull.. and honestly, id say they have something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

and honestly, id say they have something.

lol, are you for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Burnt Toast

I think they're working on something, weather it works or not i dunno.

I think they're working on something, weather it works or not i dunno.

Weather or not it works?

I'd imagine a machine like that that does not work in bad weather wouldn't go too well in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Doesnt matter, global warming is a myth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

sounds like a heap of ****e to me. anyone with some knowledge of physics should be able to tell that this is utter crap. and their lack of proof only helps to drive the nail into the coffin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I had hoped they'd be dragged out and publicly humiliated rather than being allowed to slip into obscurity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I thought they were trying to make a super cool kind of Connect Four. It was good bullshit while it lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yet here we are discussing them some years later.

Indeed they really failed in their marketting techniques. ;)

Did you buy anything that they "marketed"? Do you know anyone who did?
    Telling the public at large a blatant pack of lies and thumbing your nose at the scientific community isn't good marketing...personally if I was in the situation where I needed my product marketed I'd be going anywhere but to this crowd, lest the buying public end up thinking that my product doesn't actually exist...

[edit] the only reason anyone is talking about them years later is because they made a totally outlandish claim and stuck to their guns that they weren't bluffing....then suddenly disappear and expect people to forget that for a tiny moment all our dreams of free green energy were answered...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Doesnt matter, global warming is a myth

I can only assume that you forgot to put in one of these
    > ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

I would like to see them come out with some explanation at this stage. Last I seen was the embarrasing YouTube video at the failed exhibition of the product in London

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I would like to see them come out with some explanation at this stage. Last I seen was the embarrasing YouTube video at the failed exhibition of the product in London
    Did you invest? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

I guess that sounded a bit po faced. No, I mean if they were so blase in the first instance then where are they now? I mean if they genuinely made a mistake with the demo or calculations than it is explainable but it looks increasingly likely that it was just a publicity stunt. Another guy in the US is claiming to have another machine doing the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Annatar

one of the forum members did do a groovy thing with magnets and some plastic... Alsetalonkin (sp???) made what he called a whipmag.
    Some strange things going on in the youtube vid for it. They sync Rotors etc and it keeps spinning..... and will accelerate if some of the stator magnets are stopped...

weird I tells ye ...weird!

Advertisement