Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone with rare breeds

Options
  • 11-04-2008 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi I'm looking for anyone who has rare breeds horses/chickens /pigs/goats
    anything along those lines and would be interested in showing them off
    at a big show in august any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

richl wrote: »
    hi I'm looking for anyone who has rare breeds horses/chickens /pigs/goats
    anything along those lines and would be interested in showing them off
    at a big show in august any help would be appreciated

As far as i know if you check with a couple of teagasc offices in different county's they may know who breed certain rare lines of agricultual animals and may be able to contact them in relation to showing the animals. what the show if you dont mind my asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

A guy near me breeds very rare fowl. Drop me a PM if you want his phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 richl

stevoman wrote: »
    As far as i know if you check with a couple of teagasc offices in different county's they may know who breed certain rare lines of agricultual animals and may be able to contact them in relation to showing the animals. what the show if you dont mind my asking?

thanks its the tullamore show on the 10th of Aug I'm doing the rare breed
    section and would like to make it as big and with a good variety as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

Well, I've got a rare breed snake, they're suspected to be extinct in the wild

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

Demonique wrote: »

thats cool!! what kind of snake is it? you should breed it and try offer the babys to a few differant zoos.. it would be easier to re-introduce a captive snake to the wild than most othe animals as long as you do it in the right country/location etc..

• Advertisement

Demonique wrote: »

cool what kind ? id love to be able to put it in! but the show is all outside
    but thanks

EGAR wrote: »
    A guy near me breeds very rare fowl. Drop me a PM if you want his phone number.

thanks but not realy sure how to new at this if you could send it to me that would be great thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

richl wrote: »
    thanks but not realy sure how to new at this if you could send it to me that would be great thanks

Click on EGAR's name & one of the options is send a private message to egar - click that & you can send a pm to egar.

Hope this helps??

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

I have a couple of Fell ponies they are a rare breed .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

thats cool!! what kind of snake is it? you should breed it and try offer the babys to a few differant zoos.. it would be easier to re-introduce a captive snake to the wild than most othe animals as long as you do it in the right country/location etc..

She's a hogg island boa constrictor. They're not exactly endangered, there's quite a few of them in captivity, but it can be hard to find bure-bred ones. I'm not sure if there's any plans to reintroduce them to the island they were found, but it'd probably be a lot easier to reintroduce them than it would be an animal that has to learn the skills of survival from its parent/parents as snakes are able to fend for themselves from the moment they hatch or in boas' cases the moment their mother gives birth to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I had two Saddleback pigs but they have recently gone, I will be getting more though they are very nice natured pigs.
    Where is the show?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I had two Saddleback pigs but they have recently gone, I will be getting more though they are very nice natured pigs.
    Where is the show?
    the show is in tullamore 12 aug

An Irish Maol bull.

Advertisement