Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong hair. Couple of questions

Options
  • 11-04-2008 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

To test me on this earth, I've got strong, coarse hair on my head. It's difficult to manage and takes ages to dry. If I was a lad, I'd just get a tight haircut and be done with it but unfortunately I'm a wimmin so I've got to play ball with wimmin hairstyles :D

A couple of questions for you lovely people here :)

What's the best conditioner for straw-like hair?

When I wash my hair, it goes all frizzy even though I use conditioner and anti-frizz products. Again, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Highly recommend Aussie Three Minute Miracle once a week, don't put too much on the roots though. Smells delish too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

You should also use a mask and serum once in a while. They will smooth your hair and make it softer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Similiar situation but I am one of the fellas. Have had short hair for ever and want some longness and perhaps messyness.

Anti-frizz products just dont seem to work. At all. Have yet to try leave in conditioner though which I hear may work. I was in Boots looking for some but it was taking far too long (I couldnt find it) and it gets scary being surrounded by wimmins on their territory, so I panicked and ran... Maybe next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Firetrap wrote: »
    To test me on this earth, I've got strong, coarse hair on my head. It's difficult to manage and takes ages to dry. If I was a lad, I'd just get a tight haircut and be done with it but unfortunately I'm a wimmin so I've got to play ball with wimmin hairstyles :D

A couple of questions for you lovely people here :)

What's the best conditioner for straw-like hair?

When I wash my hair, it goes all frizzy even though I use conditioner and anti-frizz products. Again, any suggestions?

http://www.lush.co.uk/products/Jasmin_and_Henna_Fluff-Eaze_2761.aspx

L2687_lrg.jpg

and with a shampoo bar.

http://www.lush.co.uk/products/Godiva_2005.aspx
    L2392_lrg.jpg

I have thick, strong, long hair ( which a horse would envy ) and that is kinky and frizzy
    and that is what I use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Thanks. I appreciate people naming actual products. I've bought and thrown out a lot of stuff down the years which haven't helped one bit. Would a leave-in conditioner help? I've yet to find one one in a shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[WoW]

only place i know of leave-in-conditioner is Avon. got it ages ago but as far as i can remember its pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

Boots do a leave-in conditioner, it's an own-brand one. It's coconut, and has shampoo, conditioner, intensive conditioner and a leave-in conditioner. I haven't used this one, so I'm not sure how effective it is, but I found it in Boots in Jervis St.

I think there's a Boots Botanics one also. And I think I had an Aussie one at some stage last year. Maybe you could use a leave-in one along with an ordinary one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

Here's an Aussie leave-in one:

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1003904&classificationid=1052799&slmRefer=

I found loads of other stuff on the Boots website, including stuff for ethnic/afro hair. Depending on how bad yours is, that might be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

IF you are not going to go down the lush route then there is Sunslik range
    you want the purple one that is silky& straight, there is a shampoo, a conditioner and a leave in cream.
    Again it is is for hair that tends to kink of frizz.
    Boots often has a 3 for 2 offer on them.

The aussie range is good but I think only for treating the hair every now
    and then rather then being used as an every day range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Thanks everyone for your help. Plenty of stuff to go on there. That Lush stuff looks lovely. I'll either have to burn up my Visa card or talk nicely to someone who can visit their Dublin shop for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

[WoW] wrote: »
    only place i know of leave-in-conditioner is Avon. got it ages ago but as far as i can remember its pretty good.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement