Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Language support/resource/special needs at primary level

• 10-04-2008 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Does anyone know whether there are many openings for language support/resource/special needs teachers at primary level. Also would I be able to take a position like that without spending some time in Mainstream teaching? I am considering training as a primary teacher with Hibernia but not sure I would enjoy teaching full classes of 25 plus. I found secondary teaching really tough due to confrontation and discipline issues. I would appreciate any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 penny37

hi ya
    As a primary teacher it is to the discretion of the principal if you remain as a learning support / resource teacher. You are expected to be a fully qualified teacher and will need to do your dip with a class grouping. It is school policy as to which teacher teaches each class and many school opperate a rotation system. Hope this is some help and the best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sineadg

Penny,thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Thats interesting. I hadnt realised that it wasn't so straight forward, so definitely need to think seriously. Might try looking for a few days subbing locally here in June to get a feel for it. I would be interested if anyone else made the transition to primary from second level? Feel like getting out of teaching altogether but it is so family-friendly I feel like it would be too big a sacrifice for the family (Ive young kids) to make if I were to go into industry. Decisions decisions!!

Advertisement