Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sat nav-which are best?

Options
  • 10-04-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi guys,
    My husband is a real techie and i usually have him doing all this work but it's his birthday soon and i wanted to surprise him with something i did on my own :) just wondering which is the best of the sat navs out there at mo? what model would you recommend? and would it be better to buy on line(even ebay!!) or in the shops? also we're doing a big driving trip around oz in the summer so can i get one that's compatible to the maps over there?
    if any one could help i'd be thrilled
    thanks
    Lizzy

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I would have thought online anyway. I compared pixmania.ie, dabs.ie and elara.ie in Harvey Norman's and the difference starts at 50-60 euros per product and goes up even more on the high end models. Garmin have a good range now, and supposedly the best Irish maps, although I'm open to correction.

Advertisement