Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice dress for boyfriend's party.

Options
  • 10-04-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

The boyfriend's party is coming up now on the 9th May and I'm looking to get a new dress, something that will stand out or no one else is likely to be wearing. Was looking at a lovely one in Oasis only to be told by his younger sister that his older sister bought it recently for a wedding and is wearing it to his party !!! :( Probably would look better on her too anyway !!! Any ideas where to look ... tried Oasis, Debenhams, Clery's, Karen Millen, A Wear and places like that and looked at Freemans online, they've a nice teal/turquoise one but other than that, nothing has really stood out !!! :confused: What about little boutiques, or where would anyone recommend one ???

I'm early 20's by the way and preferably want to get a kind of V neck one with straps, knee length, any colour.

Thanks !!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I just got the Littlewoods catalogue thru the door today and some of the stuff is really nice..might be worth a shot checking out their site (the irish one)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Have you tried Monsoon? I love their dresses :D Some can be quite pricey but I know what size fits me and I often buy them on ebay for half the price and in perfect condition!

Hmm...or how about that Lipsy place? I've heard some good reports for dresses from there but never been myself.

I think most boutiques are probably gonna be expensive....there's a few in Malahide but I dunno if they'd be worth the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Hey !

Thanks for the replies. Yeah Littlewoods crossed my mind but prefer the Freemans site, and went mad yesterday and ordered not just one but two dresses from it ... one's kinda turquise and the others black and classy looking but a lil shorter than the other. Hmmm, went with size 12 but might need a bit of work to get into it. I'm very fussy about dresses and often find it hard to get something that looks right. :confused: Could well end up sending them both back ... hopefully not, cos my Dads surprise 50th is coming up in June too so could do with a second dress !!! :D And 167 euro wasn't bad for two dresses either !!! ;)

PS. where's Lipsy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    PS. where's Lipsy ?
    Powerscourt Townhouse Centre, South William St

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

No way, there's a Lipsy there?
    I know Lipsy are stocked in Topshop and a shop on the ground floor of the Stephen's Green Centre.

Try Gorgeous Couture if you're looking for something kinda sexy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement