Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Experience - Two-day activation delay

Options
  • 10-04-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

O2's T&Cs states that if you register for their new O2 Experience price plan and top up by the required amount so that you qualify for the free texts/calls, that it takes up to 2 days for the promotion to apply to your account.

Therefore, if I make a phone call within those two days I could be billed at 49c/min as per the standard call charge.

Is there any way of finding out whether or not they have activated the promotion for your account yet? Do they text you to say "You can now make free texts/calls"? Or do you just have to keep checking your account balance to see when it stops going down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 buneehopper

it's 49c per min at all times to other networks regardless of which experience tariff you're on or how much you've topped up by..basically once you've topped up by 20e the free option will activate within 48hrs..

New Customers can sign up for the Free Texts for Life by:
    • Texting O2 to 50308.
    • Dropping into one of our stores and requesting Unlimited Free Text.
    • Calling 1747 / 1850 601 747.
    • Visiting O2.ie/shop and ordering either a blank SIM or new device
    customers availing of the O2 Experience price plan can opt in via any of the channels listed but must meet the minimum top up requirements set out above to receive their free texts. Once the requirement is met new customers will have their free texts activated within approximately 2 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it's 49c per min at all times to other networks regardless of which experience tariff you're on or how much you've topped up by..basically once you've topped up by 20e the free option will activate within 48hrs..

New Customers can sign up for the Free Texts for Life by:
    • Texting O2 to 50308.
    • Dropping into one of our stores and requesting Unlimited Free Text.
    • Calling 1747 / 1850 601 747.
    • Visiting O2.ie/shop and ordering either a blank SIM or new device
    customers availing of the O2 Experience price plan can opt in via any of the channels listed but must meet the minimum top up requirements set out above to receive their free texts. Once the requirement is met new customers will have their free texts activated within approximately 2 working days.
    that didn't answer his question in any way whatsoever. OP, i recommend you ring o2 customer care.

usually things like that are just to cover them in case of technical problems. 99% of the time it'll activate instantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

No it actually takes min two days to activate it, even if you sign up ages before it starts.

I signed up for it and put my first 20e to qualify into my account about 2 weeks later, it still took 2 days for my free texts to start, even though I was paying the premimum call rates.

I rang customer care and they said there is a min 2 day delay on all activations from the time of putting in your first 20e.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

No it actually takes min two days to activate it, even if you sign up ages before it starts.

I signed up for it and put my first 20e to qualify into my account about 2 weeks later, it still took 2 days for my free texts to start, even though I was paying the premimum call rates.

I rang customer care and they said there is a min 2 day delay on all activations from the time of putting in your first 20e.

that's very odd. there's absolutely no technical reason for it to take two days. it's especially odd that they manage to activate half of the deal (ie the high call rate) before they activate the other half. maybe the only guy in o2 who knows how to change your text cost works part time or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

buneehopper banned for Shilling for O2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

it doesnt always take 2 days, sometimes it goes on in a few hours, happened me with my own number when i switched it to prepay, we tell people 2 days to cover ourselves basically, and no i've no idea why it takes so long, the system just takes a while to realise the texts should be rating free

although i cant understand people whinging so much about it, the amount of "oh i should have free texts instantly" we get is unreal, people complain they have to pay for texts (which they were doing anyway) when in a day theyll be free, typical example of you cant please all the people all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

At least they tell people I guess ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Anyone know if you get free credit when you join this. It says on the site

"O2 Experience SIM
    If you've orderec a free O2 Experience SIM card, you will receive 50c on the SIM card. Once you have registered online you will then receive €10 per month for 6 months provided you have topped up by €20 or more for the previous 30 day period."

Anyone know what the craic is here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Anyone know if you get free credit when you join this. It says on the site

"O2 Experience SIM
    If you've orderec a free O2 Experience SIM card, you will receive 50c on the SIM card. Once you have registered online you will then receive €10 per month for 6 months provided you have topped up by €20 or more for the previous 30 day period."

Anyone know what the craic is here?
    If you topup by €20 every 30 days you get €10 free. This happens for 6 months.

You will also have 50c on the SIM when you buy it.

Advertisement