Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2: Switched from O2 billpay to O2 prepay and this locked my phone...??

Options
  • 10-04-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I rang up O2 this morning to change from O2 billpay to O2 prepay. I had already been sent the new prepay simcard with the new PINs and PUKs.

She told me that she had sorted that all out for me and I just needed to turn off the phone, take out the billpay simcard and put in the new prepay simcard.

However when I entered the new PIN the next screen that comes up is: "Phone Locked" and beneath that it asks me to enter the "Phone lock code:....."

Why does this happen if it's the same network??

Now I can't ring them back since my billpay simcard is now inactive and I can't get onto my prepay card. :confused:

(The phone is the Sony Ericsson k750i)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Doh! It's okay now, it was my fault! I activated the phone lock code option a few months ago and just forgot about it! Remembered it now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

your phone lock code is nothing to do with the network. its a security setting in the phone that prevents a new sim card being put in your phone if it's stolen.

the default is 0000 so try that. if you changed it to something else, you'll have to bring it to a phone repair place to be reset

edit: problem solved :)

Advertisement