Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 - Free Sat Nav and Tracking

Options
  • 10-04-2008 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads ... does anyone know any good free sat nav applications for the N95? I need one that tracks your route (since the batsards at Nokia disabled the tracking functionality in Nokia Maps).

Thanks ... G23

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you not change to the old maps application where it did work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Hi Lads ... does anyone know any good free sat nav applications for the N95? I need one that tracks your route (since the batsards at Nokia disabled the tracking functionality in Nokia Maps).

Thanks ... G23

the tracking feature is back in the latest firmware!
    ver 21 fw has it. i have upgraded it and my tracking feature is back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Coolness!

Can my O2 IRL phone accept the latest firmware? Any known problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

what_car wrote: »
    the tracking feature is back in the latest firmware!
    ver 21 fw has it. i have upgraded it and my tracking feature is back

I just upgraded the fw to v21 and I can confirm that the tracking option is definitely NOT back!!!

So, back to the original question ... does anyone know any good free gps applications (with Ireland maps) for the N95 that tracks your route like the original "tracking" feature in Nokia maps did? (this worked with the N95 v11 firmware and earlier ... I think the feature was disabled by Nokia from v12 fw and later)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    I just upgraded the fw to v21 and I can confirm that the tracking option is definitely NOT back!!!

So, back to the original question ... does anyone know any good free gps applications (with Ireland maps) for the N95 that tracks your route like the original "tracking" feature in Nokia maps did? (this worked with the N95 v11 firmware and earlier ... I think the feature was disabled by Nokia from v12 fw and later)

do you mean by tracking feature that the map moves as you drive along?

i can confirm that i have now the tracking feature back on my fone with ver 21fw.:):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement