Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog's love of flowepots

Options
  • 10-04-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just looking for some advice,

My dog seems to have taken a liking to plastics and paper of all sorts and is chewing to beat the band,from what i can make of it he seems to have eatin a small flower pot and some of his dish's too.

Ive gotten rid of the dishs but noticed the past few days he seems to have vomited plastic pieces,presumable from the pot and dish.He's not vomiting food at all just the odd piece of plastic seems to come up.He's eating and drinking as normally and seems himself bar whenever he's out hes nibbling at grass which he never used to do.

Should i take him to the vet to be checked or is it possible if theres any plastic left he'l get it out himself,im more so afraid of him being poisoned but it could well be in him 2weeks or so now as ive only removed anything plastic that he can get near within the past few days

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Normally I'd say it would pass straight through - but if the plastic gets stuck or is the type that breaks into sharp pieces you might have a problem.

Don't dogs & cats chew grass to induce vomiting on purpose when they need to get something up?

Sounds a bit worrying - maybe the plastic is stuck inside him - is he poo-ing as normal? It could be blocking his bowel. Is there plastic in the poo? (sorry to make you look at poo!) If the plastic is in sharp little bits he could end up with a serious internal injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

No plastic in his poop and he seems to be going ok,it doesnt seem to be hard or sharp plastic,like its not in little splinters,theres no sign of blood in his poop either and there was none in the vomit.

Advertisement