Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know where else to post this...

Options
  • 10-04-2008 2:20am

I've flicked through a few of the different categories (this forum is too big) and i think this is the best place to post this.

Anyway, I want to get a loan out of the credit union for €1,000.

i rang them and asked them last week (Thursday) and they asked to ring back. i rang back a few times, but never got an answer to my loan until Monday.

They approved my loan, but said that I needed to bring down a Pay Slip to them.

All is fine and well.

However, I need to get this loan tomorrow, and i just realised that i dont have, nor can i get, a payslip in time. So my question is:

Will they still give me ye olde money without a payslip?

I've been a member with them for a few years, and have had two prior loans with them (I'm still in debt to them for about €1,800, but i have about €1,200 in my savings).

So yeah,

Anyone ever been in a similar situation?

I've never missed a payment with them, and always pay them weekly what i owe them (my agreed repay is currently €30 per week off my loan, i pay €40 to stay ahead) but i dont wana go down with no payslip and have them thinking i dont actually have a job and im BSing them.

Anyone know if they'll give it to me without the payslip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

If you don't ask, you don't get. What's the worst that can happen? They say no. Why not ask a boss at work, or the payroll clerk, or a manager if they would be willing to recieve a call from the CU confirming your employment and your weekly wage, gross and net? No, sound like a plan? :) Hope that helps...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't know, probably depends on who you're dealing with. If your wages are paid into your bank account bring a bank statement too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

It was actually a while ago. I got the loan, but i had to go and find a pay slip.

They wouldnt give it to me without it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement