Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling please help

Options
  • 10-04-2008 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi i found a seller of a kitten in England and i wanted to know
    What procedures i gotta go through so i can get it into Ireland the seller
    wants to know soon please help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Its coming into Kitten season soon and there will be thousands of kittens in Shelters around Ireland looking for a home - why not take one of those instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

I presume this is a pedigree kitten. You should get in touch with Saabci. They could give you all the info you need, plus they can help you make sure that the breeder is a good breeder and therefore the kitten will be healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

There weren't any restrictions in place when we got our pedigree cat 3 years ago (his breeder lives in Scotland) so it went something like this:

Travel over to see him - drive several hundred miles, spend a few hundred euro on ferry trips/hotels and petrol.
    Meet breeder, cat & kittens. Discuss cat & how he'd fit in with ours. Get grilled (gently) by the breeder. Go home.
    Wait 6 weeks for kitten to be old enough to leave.
    Travel over to collect him - drive several hundred more miles, spend many hundred euro on ferry trips/hotel stays and petrol. Include cost of kitten. Drive home (took the ferry so that kitten can have a big crate in the back of the car).

Arrive home exhausted, bank account significantly lighter and car with many more miles on it. Kitten then proceeds to hate us for the first 48 hours :D

It's very important that you meet the breeder & the cats as well as the kitten. There's no point in getting a kitten from a breeder unless you've researched them thoroughly so if you're not willing or able to take a couple of trips across then scrap the idea of getting a kitten from England IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Shlid

Yeh i Accually am gunna go to a pound or something to get a kitten easier :P
    thx for help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Shlid wrote: »
    Yeh i Accually am gunna go to a pound or something to get a kitten easier :P
    thx for help guys

Good for you! :pac::pac::pac:

There is a list of sanctuaries here: http://www.irishanimals.ie/cats/index.html

And also a chat forum for rehoming cats/kittens.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement