Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a retainer

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I had orthodontic work done in my late teens and finished up with a nice set of straight teeth. Now six years later I can feel the upper row slowly shifting around again and I'm kicking myself for not using my retainer, which is now lost. I don't fancy having overlapping front teeth again, but I also can't afford to shell out thousands of euros to repeat the whole six-year procedure. So I'm wondering if its the done thing to just get a new retainer made up which I could take home and prevent any further slippage? I'll ask the dentist about this properly next time I'm there but I'm wondering if anyone here could give me an indication if this can be done in the meantime, and if so how much it might cost? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Maybe a permanently fixed bonded retainer would be one possible solution? This is similar to a small but strong wire, bonded extremely discreetly behind the teeth. This would hold things in place for you - I'm sure your dentist / Orthodontist will offer a good solution.

Advertisement