Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lasek laser eye surgery

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, I had wavefront lasek surgery two weeks ago today. I have since been tested to have 20/20 vision which is great. Only thing is, one of my eyes still gets blurry and even though I passed the vision test I feel like my right eye is definitely not 100% corrected. My left eye is perfect, not even a small bit of haze but the right eye has blurred vision on things that my left eye doesn't. I can eventually make out what the words or things are with the right eye.

I have experienced all the pain and watery eye symptoms that are expected but only in the left eye which suggests that it behaved properly, whereas my right eye has had no pain or wateryness or anything.

Anyway, can anyone tell me who has had this done, is this normal this early on in the healing process? Should I expect my right eye to catch up with my left?

Hope all the above makes sense!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Have you already gone back for a check up after 2 weeks ? I presume you went back the next day but in my case it was another 6 weeks after that before I've to go back again which from my understanding is when you're eyes will more or less have settled down, I expect after only 2 weeks they can still vary a bit. After only 2 weeks my eyes varied a bit, somedays one would seem better than the other and vice versa, and as in your case my right eye did seem to be poorer than the left but it's more or less settled down now after 5 weeks.
    I think you also suffer more pain in your left eye as there's more nerves there than the right and in most peoples cases that's the one where they suffer the most pain.
    Anyway, give yourself a few more weeks and longer again for your night vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jovi

I had the Lasek done about 4 weeks ago and also found that the left eye was the sore one, but at the next day post op check up, the vision was better in the left than the right. They seem to change day to day. One day the right is better than the left and vice versa the next day. It's really weird. I find that if I dont get a good nights sleep my sight can be very very blurred. I guess it will take the 3 months for them both to settle down! But I have to say that despite this, I am thrilled that I dont need glasses any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vivien

Thanks Jip and Jovi for your replies. It's just such a weird experience that I got a bit worried, they are both getting better all the time so hopefully no worries and like you said Jovi, I am also dlighted I got it done as I can see, yay! and with no glasses anymore, woohoo! I would defo recommend laser eye surgery to anyone interested.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

whereabouts did you get your LASEK done?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rosen

vivien wrote: »
    Thanks Jip and Jovi for your replies. It's just such a weird experience that I got a bit worried, they are both getting better all the time so hopefully no worries and like you said Jovi, I am also dlighted I got it done as I can see, yay! and with no glasses anymore, woohoo! I would defo recommend laser eye surgery to anyone interested.:)

Hey Vivien,
    How are your eyes holding up now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Jovi

Hi All

Its been 6 months since I had LASEK at the wellington clinic and I am thrilled with the results. My eyes have settled down and I can see the line below the 20/20 line so my vision is better than 20/20. Considering I was so short sighted, I couldn't see past my nose I am delighted with my new eyes.

My only hang up is that I wore glasses all the time and so looking at myself in the mirror without them is strange and took a while to get use to. But I wouldn't change it now for the world.

I would have no hesitation in recommending laser treatment to anyone considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Villa82

I got Lasek done on my right eye yesterday. Left eye due to be done on the left eye in 2 weeks. 7th Oct. Fingers crossed all goes well.
    I was in this morning fora check up and everything is ok. Eye is a little sore, well not actually sore it's just a little uncomfortable. Like if there was an eyelash in it and you can't touch it to remove it. It comes and goes. But really I've had no real pain since getting it done yesterday. Still a little blury so hopefully that will clear over the coming days and weeks. I got mine done in the Mater Private.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Where did you guys get it done? I'm booked in to Optical Express in Dublin soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Villa82

I got mine done in the matter hospital in dublin. It was just over 4k for both eyes. Left eye was done on Tuesday just gone. A little more dicomfort than the right eye. But nothing to go complaining about as yet. I can already see the difference say looking at tv for example. I could never really see the score or time in the corner of the screen when a football match is on, now I'm able to see that. So I've a tempary contact lens in my left eye for the next week until I go back next Tuesday to get it taken out and get a check up. I can though take the contact out myself on Sat or Sunday if I find it's bothering me the surgeon said. I did take the lens out myself the following saturday in the right eye as it was starting to dry my eye out so just popped it out. Just as easy as you would with your normal contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Hi guys,

my OH just got this done this morning, I rang him, and he seems to be in a hell of a lot of pain. Is there anything he can do or take to relieve this? Anything I can take home to him?

• Advertisement
Advertisement