Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debranding N95 worth Losing Warrenty

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Is it worth Debranding Vodafones N95 8G V11 so you can upgrade to V15 or will i lose all the insurance i pay monthly for it?

I like Voiding things but there is alot of money involved with this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

If your phone is lost then they won't know what software version it had ??

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

random wrote: »
    If your phone is lost then they won't know what software version it had ??

I'm not sure if they replace the phone or give you a different one
    i didnt really read the contract. What i got was that if i paid the extra 7 they would have a replacement within 48 hours. But i think the garda have to get involved in the lost or stolen stuff.

Not a bad idea though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Guards have to get involved? So? If you geuinely lose your phone and you need to report it to the guards to get the replacement what's the problem? All I'm saying is that the software version won't matter then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

personally i wouldnt worry about it. if where you bought it uses MPRC (indendant repair company) to fix its phones they're just gonna put the newest software anyway, and not care whats on it, and if its lost then, who cares if it was branded or not?

Advertisement