Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics job interview

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Anyone any tips on specific and technical questions that might be asked for an economics job interview for a researcher?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Well what's the job? Questions for an economist in Davy's will be different to questions for an economist in the ESRI. Obviously you don't need to name the employer, but an indication of what you'd be doing might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

Its the ESRI.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Good old summer internships or the two-year programme? A few of my friends were offered internships and were asked very simple questions, nothing too technical.

I don't have any knowledge of their interview style for more permanent positions, though.

Its the 2 year job I'm wondering what kind of economics/econometric questions they'll ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Brilliant, best of luck with it! I haven't a clue though. There is a lecturer in UCC who used to work for them in the same position. If you want you could PM me and I will give you his contact details maybe?

• Advertisement

Brilliant, best of luck with it! I haven't a clue though. There is a lecturer in UCC who used to work for them in the same position. If you want you could PM me and I will give you his contact details maybe?

Thanks I've spoken to people who worked there but they are all v. impressive so it doesn't really help with the stomach churning fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Thanks I've spoken to people who worked there but they are all v. impressive so it doesn't really help with the stomach churning fear.

Why not sit down and write a 2,000 word personal statement on why you think you are suited to the job and how your economic skills/knowledge have developed and how you plan to develop this in the future, etc. At least it will give you some ammo to use in the interview?

http://www.hull.ac.uk/php/cesagh/documents/LEARNINGLOG.doc

Why not sit down and write a 2,000 word personal statement on why you think you are suited to the job and how your economic skills/knowledge have developed and how you plan to develop this in the future, etc. At least it will give you some ammo to use in the interview?

http://www.hull.ac.uk/php/cesagh/documents/LEARNINGLOG.doc

Thats really useful cheers

Advertisement