Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat loves plastic bags.

Options
  • 09-04-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Im glad to report Tina my cat is now back in full health at last. It was a slow recovery. But she is also now returning to some of her old bad habits one of which is to crawl inside plastic bags to snooze. I can't leave any plastic bags lying around while I am out. Anybody else had this issue?

One of these days she will get thrown out with the rubbish or get sent to the laundry. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I don't think you'll find a cat owner here that doesn't have the same problem.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Our environmental cats only sleep in paper bags (and shoe boxes)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Glad to hear Tina is back to health!

And yep - any little hidey hole/bag/box/cupboard/etc - and you'll have a cat inside checking it out! I have had to rescue my one of my cats on a number of occasions when I see them running around with their head stuck in a small box - banging into everything.:D:D:D

Just be careful about what you leave around in case she gets smothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snuggle Bunny

Maybe if you left a paper bag lying around she might sleep in that?? My own little fella is partial to a paper bag, paper anything actually but a plastic bag is a bit concerning!

Or try a pillow case .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Never have any problems like that in my house :rolleyes:

LuciInnaBag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We have 2 cats and 4 cat beds around house, they're never used! had the bag prob for long time but my solution(accidental discovery, cat nearly ended up visiting dunnes, found him when taking bags out of car boot, husband didn't notice extra weight when loading car:rolleyes:) was a thermos cool bag, wide opening, zip lid(leave open or cut off) and very safe. They're soft bag you put freezer blocks in to keep picnic cool, they're widely available cheap and cats love them. I leave old one out and cat's in it every morning. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

used to have a cat that slept in a watering can and another that sat in a flower pot you couldnt see her legs just a round ball of cat looked like she was growing out of the pot, have a photo of it somewhere must try finding it. One of my parents cats likes window boxes.
    Only thing to do is keep the plastic bags out of the way its cute but there is a danger of smothering esp if you arent there when the cat finds one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

mymo wrote: »
    (accidental discovery, cat nearly ended up visiting dunnes, found him when taking bags out of car boot, husband didn't notice extra weight when loading car:rolleyes:)

hehe, same thing happened to my sister when she accidentally brought her cat half way across the country on a business meeting:D

Advertisement