Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three network and iPhone?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm new to this and hope someone can be of assistance...

I am currently considering buying an unlocked iPhone on eBay, but do not wish to be tied into a contract with O2. I am a ThreePay (Ireland) customer and would like to continue to use my 3pay sim with the iPhone.

Is this possible?

If it is not possible to use the 3Pay Sim, will the iPhone work on a 3 contract?

I read somewhere that an unlocked iPhone will not operate with 3UK sims.

Kind Regards,

cojobt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hmm 3 are big on 3g content, the iphone does not have 3g so that could be a problem.

To be honest I don't know of anyone who has a iphone on 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the iphone is not 3g and won't work on 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cojobt

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    the iphone is not 3g and won't work on 3

Hmmm...that seems fairly definite, and as I feared.

Thanks!

cojobt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

when testing an Iphone back in december in america when we had it unlocked. We tested it with sim cards from o2, vodafone and 3. 3 was the only one that didnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why on god's earth would you want to put a 3 sim in a iphone.....

Get your self and LG Viewty (KU990) on three Ireland and stop your messing.....it's light years ahead of the iphone..

Advertisement