Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in carlow to watch a match?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Hi, Was just wondering where is the best place to watch premiership soccer in carlow. Would it be the barracks with the massive screen although i haven't been in there in ages???Any ideas?

Is there an especially good place for a liverpool supporter to watch a match in carlow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

stick-dan wrote: »
    Hi, Was just wondering where is the best place to watch premiership soccer in carlow. Would it be the barracks with the massive screen although i haven't been in there in ages???Any ideas?

Is there an especially good place for a liverpool supporter to watch a match in carlow?

pfft liverpool supporter's maybe the barrow for ye:D:pac:

i always like dinn ri for matches, or sometimes teach dolmen myself..

barracks ok, but can be over crowded and hard to get a pint in then when ya want one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Now now patrick bitterness gets you nowhere:D*(ahem 4-2):D Just sussing out somewhere to watch the champions league semi final is all!

Now now patrick bitterness gets you nowhere:D*(ahem 4-2):D Just sussing out somewhere to watch the champions league semi final is all!

for chelski to beat ye 3-1

patrickc wrote: »
    for chelski to beat ye 3-1

Nah im looking for some pub that doesn't show old match but rather the live one coming up where liverpool progress 4-1 against chelsea, onto the final where we meet united, ronaldo suffers a mysterious broken leg from a carragher challenge the ref deems fair and liverpool become 6 time european champions...

We could sell arsenal a cup if you like?;)

Hell even villa could sell you a european cup:D:D

Nah im looking for some pub that doesn't show old match but rather the live one coming up where liverpool progress 4-1 against chelsea, onto the final where we meet united, ronaldo suffers a mysterious broken leg from a carragher challenge the ref deems fair and liverpool become 6 time european champions...

We could sell arsenal a cup if you like?;)

Hell even villa could sell you a european cup:D:D

*wake up* *wake up* you were having a good sleep, but was all a dream

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    *wake up* *wake up* you were having a good sleep, but was all a dream

hehehe, I Don't think senderos can hear you from carlow patrick :)

He probably still asleep on the edge of the box in anfield! :D

Having some nightmare too i'd guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

For arguements like these soccer forum is thataway
    >>>>

And as for Ronaldo and the broken leg... Yeah that's the only way Liverpool would be able to contain him

Aurelio: Jamie, what the hell was that?
    Carragher: I dunno Fabs, must of been a gust of wind.... Ah sh1te... How are we 3-0 down again??

Scraggs is another option for the game. i find the TVs well positioned and they've a screen too I think. Failing that I'd probably go to The Barracks.

Gwan UTD!!!!

ShayK1 wrote: »
    >>>>

And as for Ronaldo and the broken leg... Yeah that's the only way Liverpool would be able to contain him

Carragher: I dunno Fabs, must of been a gust of wind.... Ah sh1te... How are we 3-0 down again??

Scraggs is another option for the game. i find the TVs well positioned and they've a screen too I think. Failing that I'd probably go to The Barracks.

Gwan UTD!!!!

ok ok shay lol, but where oh where would i have got such a funny comment as yours in the soccer forum??Good one you made me chuckle there!

Prob was a gust of wind out rooneys f*t a**e :)

Anyway, yeah is it scraggs and the barracks that are the best options, Surely there must be a hidden gem in the town somewhere, I've been to scraggsand the barracks and bought that T-Shirt..

There's nothing I can think of. Buzz's would probably be quieter and the med bar might be an option but I don't remember seeing a TV in there. Maybe Lennon's??

Just some suggests. I don't actually know.

Oh yeah buzzes just remembered that place. They still have the TV's upstairs? Or am i thinking of the wrong pub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dont go to

Dinn Ri\Barracks - they always manage to put something in the way of the screen

Lennons - Absolute sh!te for matches

Tullys - its just a no no for football

Try

Lev&Frye - Can be good down the back if ya get a good seat (Man Utd 4-2 Arsenal get in there Johnny!)

Oh yeah buzzes just remembered that place. They still have the TV's upstairs? Or am i thinking of the wrong pub?

Right pub but I haven't seen upstairs open in a long time.

Went to lev's a few times trilla and there was nothin but lads shouting at something that wasn't even the game! Put me off the place! Don't mind the banter once it is on the subject of the game!:)

Same bout Buzzes I liked upstairs!

Same bout Buzzes I liked upstairs!

me too. we went up there last year after finishing our exams. We got seriously wasted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Stay in your house with 12 cans of Carlsberg. I refuse to watch a match in any of the pubs in Carlow.

me too. we went up there last year after finishing our exams. We got seriously wasted!!

And most of the time there was always just the right amount of people there not too much and not too many. Ah the memories!

Why you refuse to go to any of the pubs to watch a match jumpa?? I have two nice spots down in waterford but i'll be home soon and need somewhere up here, Watching matches at home sucks the majority of the time imo.

>>>>

Gwan UTD!!!!

says the man plugging utd here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭NCW feen

What are good pubs in Carlow to watch matches in ? Also, where is the Stepple Bar ?

Dinn Ri is pretty decent. Couple of TVs around and the big screen downstairs.
    Scraggs also has a couple of TVs around the pub.

Not 100% about the Steeple Bar, is it the one just off Dublin St.? If you go passed Lev & Frye, walking towards the court house take your 1st left and there a pub on the left down that little street. That COULD be it, but as I said... not 100%

Just remembered, that one's called Stonehaven. Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Steeple Bar - formerly coppingers is down from the post office. - see attachment

Rugby Pub - O'Louglins always busy, Scraggs isn't too bad for it

Soccer - Barracks is always good for liverpool or man u games.
    Scraggs is grand.
    Steeple has a big screen and can be ok at times.
    Dinn Ri is usually fairly crap - sorry Shay its true :P

Watched games in just about every pub in this town (no channels up here) and really it mostly depends on the game and finding the right pub - nothing more to it than that really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Stay in your house with 12 cans of Carlsberg. I refuse to watch a match in any of the pubs in Carlow.

Turncoat... pfft!!! Are we not good enough for ya anymore? Meh!!!

I would suggest the barracks, although the seats make your ass sweaty, bloody hate them seats. It's a kick ass place to watch a match though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

i think barracks is the best for the matches, especially for the liverpool matches, a lot go down for those ones. i only watch the matches during the week though, im a student. but for the champions league/ midweek matches, the barracks are the best by far for me

Advertisement