Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connectivity problems with HTC Touch Cruise/WM6

Options
  • 09-04-2008 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I using a HTC Touch Cruise running Windows Mobile 6 and have some connectivity problems that I can't solve so would appreciate some help.

Firstly, I'm using the Vodafone Live ASP which is configured correctly and working fine with IE.

Using Opera Mini v8.65 I cannot connect to the internet using HSDPA. I get the error "Remote server timed out. Please try again later". I changed my port from 80 to 8080 for the proxy server but no joy. Opera Mini works fine using Wifi. IE works fine with HSDPA.

Using IE I cannot get Hotmail to open from the hotmail web site. (I know POP is blocked using vodafone live so I browse to the hotmail site) I get the "Please enable cookies error". Cookies are already enabled in IE????

Last problem, is it possible to configure two proxy servers in WM6? When I connect my phone to the PC in work to get Exchange email it overwrites the Vodafone Live proxy server address which breaks HSDPA.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey - Just a quick Q
    What settings did you use for the Live APN to work correctly?
    I could never get my TYTN II working correctly and have opted to use the ISP APN now

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

When I put my vodafone sim into the Touch Cruise is configured everything automatically except for the vodafone live username and password. The Username and password is "dublin" (no quotes).
    To configure this go to "Settings" - "Connection Tab" - "Connections" Icon - "Manage Existing Connections" link
    You should see vodafone live here. Select "Edit", and then go through the wizard until you get to the username and password page where you enter "dublin" for both. Leave the domain field blank.

All of these settings are on http://www.insideview.ie/irisheyes/2004/03/vodafone_settin.html.

Advertisement