Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poisoned pup

Options
  • 09-04-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭

Hi my brother in law's Jack Russell pup approx 8 months old was ill last night and brought to the vet's where they say he was poisoned and unfortunately they give him very little chance and there all upset as he is very cute. He lives on a farm and is let run around the fields in the evening, but there is no poison on it and the vet is saying he ate a poisoned rat is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

patmac wrote: »
    Hi my brother in law's Jack Russell pup approx 8 months old was ill last night and brought to the vet's where they say he was poisoned and unfortunately they give him very little chance and there all upset as he is very cute. He lives on a farm and is let run around the fields in the evening, but there is no poison on it and the vet is saying he ate a poisoned rat is this possible?
    maybe its possible that he got it from a rat thats poisoned.Rat when poisoned they go searching for water because the poison drys them out from the inside and die not finding water.They maybe dead rats at your area and possibly your dog got at it.I hope theres hope for your dog.keep us updated on the news.Jack russells are great rat catchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

yes it is, I know someone who lost an alsatian due to him eating a poisoned rat, but I hope the little guy pulls through. this is why you should never poison rodents, it's not just them that die but cats/dogs etc can also die.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Good news looks like Buddy's going to pull through, he got great care in the Vet clinic in Athlone, I believe they put him on a drip that helped thin his blood, more good news as one of our dogs (rescued 4 years ago very nervous type), is recovering from her 2nd cancer op other lump samples have proved benign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

patmac wrote: »
    Good news looks like Buddy's going to pull through, he got great care in the Vet clinic in Athlone, I believe they put him on a drip that helped thin his blood, more good news as one of our dogs (rescued 4 years ago very nervous type), is recovering from her 2nd cancer op other lump samples have proved benign.
    Thats good news patmac im glad hes pulling through and the vet for helping to survive

Advertisement