Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefit in New York

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi, I am heading to New York and am hoping to pick up some Benefit make-up. Problem is, I don't have a clue where to look!

Anyone recommend any shops for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

http://www.sephora.com/ There's a good few of these stores around Manhattan.

Macy's, Bloomingdales and Century21 also stock Benefit

Have a great time!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Sephora is wicked! Spent about $300 in there, and I don't even wear makeup that often. :eek:

Here's a map of their locations: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=sephora&sll=40.747777,-73.9464&sspn=0.094806,0.160675&ie=UTF8&ll=40.740104,-73.952065&spn=0.094817,0.160675&z=13

Benefit is about the same price in dollars as it is in Euro so you'll be laughing.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 tweet-tweet

i am all excited now! i looked at the website and it looks amazing. think i will pick up a lot of make-up!! thanks for your help. will obviously be buying clothes too but have an idea where to go. although if anyone has any hot tips let me know.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you're looking for something dressy go to the department stores (Bloomingdales, Macy's etc) cause it's very hard to get anything anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Macy's is amazing! I spent four days solid in there, each day starting from 9am! Loads of handbags, gorgeous jewellery, cosmetics and floors and floors of clothes. If I could have set up camp in the middle of the place, I would :D Don't forget to bring your passport with you, go to the customer service desk and they'll give you a card to get a load of discounts, just for being a foreign visitor :D

+1 on the tip for Sephora, it's the best, and they have stores all over Manhatten :D

If you're an "Ugg" person, David Z (i think thats what it was called), also had shops all over the place and seemed to be big into Uggs. Macy's had an alright selection of Guess bags but the Guess store in Soho was miles better, and it's just across the road from the Soho branch of Bloomingdales :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement