Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archaeology Work

Options
  • 09-04-2008 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hello everyone :)
    soooo does anyone know where or who has the big construction archaeology contracts this summer??? I'm getting all nervous cause any company I've been in contact with have said they wont know themselves until May (i know this is normal but I really need a job !!) and I dont want to have to go to the north :( .......and you know on the NRA site , how do u work out at what stage the archaeology is carried out?? prelimanary design???construction??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I hear ADS are looking

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Red_Star

in Newry though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

There are many pending digs in Dublin but I don't know what the hold-ups are. I know of 3 in the inner city alone which have been put on the long finger...:confused: Very frustrating, especially for an urban archaeology type like me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Saabdub

The construction industry is cutting back. There's a 20% reduction in cement sales so far this year. The number of licence applications to National Monuments is dropping for the first time in years.

Saabdub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

That is probably the main reason Saabdub. I know that testing is, however, going ahead on two of these sites, so fingers crossed!! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement