Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCP Air Pistols

Options
  • 09-04-2008 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Was kinda looking out for an IZH46, but none seem to be available. Would'nt mind getting to shoot air pistol. Who knows free pistol might be next :D PCP Air pistols seem to be quite pricey but I will still need to get one. What would be recommended for not too much expense? Could I fill the cylinder using a workshop compressor? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The IZH is pretty popular (for good reason) so it tends to go in and out of stock. Got mine from the US (it's an airgun not a firearm over there, so no export paperwork; called up pilkguns, paid a deposit, got a serial number (after explaining our system to their mirth), got the licence, had it sent by post.

So, Pilkguns - but they're currently out of stock. They get theirs from EAACorp though and they have them in stock, but won't ship here. So call up pilkguns and ask them to reserve the next one in the door for you (because EAACorp have them, they're still available over there).

Alternatively, if you want a PCP type of airgun, there's a cheap version called the Tau-7 Jr, but it's CO2 not compressed air. They're also available from pilkguns (and they're in stock). The CO2 cartridges they use are nearly impossible to find in Ireland, but you can get them from a few places online. http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/ sell 6 12g cartridges for £5 (that's 600 shots or so), and they'll ship to Ireland (CO2's a liquid in the cartridge, not a gas, so they don't get hit for shipping compressed gases). So $450 (say €350 by the time it gets here) for the pistol and around €10-15 a month to run it. Not as cheap as the Izzy, but also not as much work to load it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote: »
    Alternatively, if you want a PCP type of airgun, there's a cheap version called the Tau-7 Jr, but it's CO2 not compressed air. They're also available from pilkguns (and they're in stock). The CO2 cartridges they use are nearly impossible to find in Ireland, but you can get them from a few places online. http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/ sell 6 12g cartridges for £5 (that's 600 shots or so), and they'll ship to Ireland (CO2's a liquid in the cartridge, not a gas, so they don't get hit for shipping compressed gases). So $450 (say €350 by the time it gets here) for the pistol and around €10-15 a month to run it. Not as cheap as the Izzy, but also not as much work to load it :D

The NSRA sell them as well, in fact they're widely available around the UK because there are a lot of Co2 pistols and rifles of the plinking variety that use them.

Kryten. I now have a mortal fear of this word :), but I think I have a LIST somewhere of air pistols. No prices mind you, but you can find the prices online anyway. I'll try and dig it out and email it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Frankonia have a IJ46 S/H for sale for €299. They also have a Rohm Twinmaster and a couple of Feinwekbau 300S all for between €199 and €350.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Sparks wrote: »
    Got mine from the US (it's an airgun not a firearm over there, so no export paperwork; called up pilkguns, paid a deposit, got a serial number (after explaining our system to their mirth), got the licence, had it sent by post.

Because they're getting slammed by the dollar, and the fact that most match air pistols are made in Europe, their prices are gone wayyy up in the last few months. Best bet is to find one in Germany, get your cert and an art. 7 and bring it in.

Advertisement