Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google maps and GPS

Options
  • 09-04-2008 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭

i have a garmin 200W and was wondering could i work out routes and locations on google earth and then upload it to my garmin?

what would i need if it is possable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

as far as I know only the TomToms use google maps using the TYRE software for what you need

Google=Teleatleas=TomTom
    Navteq=Garmin

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I wouldn't trust the accuracy of the Google maps, a friend pulled the Long/Lat values for a destination down the country to meet up for a weekend, I stored them in my Nuvi and drove there, I was about 200 metres off when I got there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've often used Google Maps for creating way points to then copy across to my Garmin GPS, and 200m off is not a great deal really as the accuracy of creating the point in Google Map based on the satellite images and whoever was aiming the mouse pointer could account for that.

Advertisement