Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job seekers benefit

Options
  • 08-04-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

hey can anyone help

I was on job seekers benefit since oct-07. I was in college til may 07 and went on work placement til sept 07.
    I was not workin til i was returning to college end of jan so signed on.

Wasn't sure whether i was gona return to college end of jan so never signed off. Decided to go back in march but before i signed off got a call on 19th march 08 from social welfare about me being registered at the college.

I panicked and said that i never went back and that i was thinking of goin away for few weeks ( so that i could sign off) but they still wanted to send a form to be filled out and verified from the college that i never returned.
    I should just have told the truth but i panicked, even though they would have understood but they may have also thought i was lying.

Got the letter but obviously haven't returned it, but i've been signed off for last two weeks.
    Do you think they'll follow up on this or will they leave it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

They over paid you by x amount there just lookin for it back ...tell em your broke and you'll pay back a nominal sum. They will tell you to pay x amount and seem heavy handed. Don't be bullied(or rude) just stand over what you say(re: repayment) they will ask you to sign a docket stateing you will pay back x amount ...no worries I wouldn't loose sleep over it

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

hey thanks for the reply.
    Ya i guess i should do that just i don't want to admit i was lying and have to deal with it. just finishing my final year in college and have so much to do its stressful!!

Advertisement