Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labrador Retrievers

Options
  • 08-04-2008 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Here is a little known fact.
    There are two main strains of Labradors.They are VERY different.
    So different that the AKC is considering seperating the breeds completeley.
    There is the stocky English Lab:

CaseySlarger.jpgLabrador_Retriever_Brigburn_Zenny_1.jpg751px-Labrador_Retriever_Choco_(Sonny).jpg
    And the lanky American Lab:

IMG_2618-780113.JPGdogs_yard_023.jpg180px-Chocolate_Labrador_Retrievers.jpg

I prefer the English strain.Which one do you prefer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

I like both, I only found this out recently myself! strange isn't it. I'd always wondered why some labs were so tall and athletic and others were short and pudgy looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Yes it is a bit strange.But When you think about other breeds of dogs the American Stock can be completely different to the English stock(eg. Golden retriever) and some dogs are so different that they have to seperate them into different breeds(eg Cocker Spaniels as apposed to American Cocker Spaniels)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

yeah there are english and american staffies as well. the americans even have their version of the shetland pony lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

I like the english type

Advertisement