Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€190 for X-ray & Filling (white)!?!

Options
  • 08-04-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Have I been mugged??? didnt even clean my teeth? can I claim anything back on this anywhere?

I'm not a regular visitor to the Dentist and it was approx 9yrs since my last visit... he was happy enough with my teeth and I had made the appointment after i could feel a sharp edge (broke or chipped) on a rear tooth and some dull aching... so he siad he would repair tooth and fill and that four other old fillings (oldest being there 22yrs) should be replaced...

he also did an X-ray and the bill came to €190, WTF!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

are you getting the work done under the PRSI contributions scheme or is it straight Private dentistry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cbm

well I am paying PRSI but as its 9 odd years since Ive been to a dentist Im not sure what the routine is, I gave them my PPS number and most peeps say you should get a free clean every year... I was asked if I was on social but Im not, in full employment for 10 yrs nearly... I see some threads where people have paid less than €50 for a filling...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Count yourself lucky mate... as in previous thread here, I paid a total of €510 for 2 fillings and an xray

I'm changing dentist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Zascar wrote: »
    Count yourself lucky mate... as in previous thread here, I paid a total of €510 for 2 fillings and an xray

I'm changing dentist...

:eek:

Jaysus! I paid around that for about 10 or 12 fillings (some small ones, some bigger) and xrays too, also he did some cleaning. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

10 or 12! Dear god I sincerely hope that was not at one time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cbm

So as someone paying my PRSI how do I lessen the cost?

Is this huge price difference just down to competition? surely as a medical practice there is a certain minimum standard they must adhere to?

In terms of 'white' fillings are there different qualities available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Zascar wrote: »
    10 or 12! Dear god I sincerely hope that was not at one time!

Nah of course not! :eek: It was in 3 or 4 appointments. The total came in around the €500 mark. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I paid 1300e to see a orofacial dentist and get a bite splint (mouth guard). 160e a visit for consultation, 160e just to take a fekn mould and another 140e to fit the splint :(:(:(:(

And was 90e to get a tooth taken out in my normal dentist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

I'm getting 4 fillings done atm, 2 done so far and 2 more the next visit. So far it's been 100 euros per visit. I suppose it seems alot, but it's important stuff y'know.

I guess the lesson is good dental hygiene = no more fillings :]

Advertisement