Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Wisdom Teeth removal

Options
  • 08-04-2008 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,

I was looking for some advise. I need to get four wisdom teeth removed as they are starting to damage my other teeth.
    I'm 21 and I'm struggling financially to think i can actually get this done.

I have only been working full time for the last six months and last i checked i hadn't worked long enough to claim any of the expenses back on this procedure. I'm also on a low salary so it may take a few months to save to have this done on the quote my dentist told me (€1100 other work as well)and i'm afraid the damage to my teeth could get even worse. In terms of taking out a loan i would rather try to avoid this as much as possible. Also stupidly i have no health insurance and i don't qualify for the medical card.

Any one have any ideas the best route i could take for this?
    Or know any affordable dentists?

Thank you in advance,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

bobbi wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking for some advise. I need to get four wisdom teeth removed as they are starting to damage my other teeth.
    I'm 21 and I'm struggling financially to think i can actually get this done.

I have only been working full time for the last six months and last i checked i hadn't worked long enough to claim any of the expenses back on this procedure. I'm also on a low salary so it may take a few months to save to have this done on the quote my dentist told me (€1100 other work as well)and i'm afraid the damage to my teeth could get even worse. In terms of taking out a loan i would rather try to avoid this as much as possible. Also stupidly i have no health insurance and i don't qualify for the medical card.

Any one have any ideas the best route i could take for this?
    Or know any affordable dentists?

Thank you in advance,

Hi I'm also due to get four teeth out next week and have no health insurance etc.
    Best thing to do is get your dentist to refer you to a hospital ie beaumont,james if in dublin and you will go on the public waiting list. The waiting lists are very long but after 3 months of being on this list you qualify for national treatment purchase fund which entitles you to get the treatment done at the next available appointment in public or private hospital.
    There would be no charge under the fund.

Also you could try the dental hospital if wanted it done quicker on 01 6127200 but you would have to pay towards this but wouldnt be mega expensive.

One thing tho is if hav pain probs with teeth or get infections you could get antibiotics from your dentist that wil clear it so being on long waiting list isnt that bad!

It shouldnt be something to put you into debt and i'd advise you to speak to your dentist about your concerns but going on public hospital waiting list is best bet imo.

HTH
    suzie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

the amount they will charge me is 235 for the extraction and 65 for the initial consult I just spoke to them a minute ago and my doctor is just refering me onto them now, I will be put on a waiting list and hopefully it wont be 2 long! By the way the dentist in castleknock, Paul Sullivan is excellent as well, and it was very cheap to remove one of them but for the rest i need surgery. he only charged me 90 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

Thanks for the replies.

I booked into a dentist up north as its cheaper and i'm just gona have two taken out a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

How much is it up north?

Advertisement