Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Busted (Nokia 5200)

Options
  • 08-04-2008 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭

Hi there, bought a nokia 5200 in July, had to send it back twice because of fault with the speaker having a loose connection (or something which caused it to have an intermittent fault)
    Anyways basically i took it from my pocket yesterday and the screen was all blotchy and messed, all the liquid from the display is all over the shop, except i can see the top line, which basically means i can tell the time and select a name from the phone book to make a call, and little else.

I didnt whack the phone off anything, so i cant understand how it happened, but it does look like it was caused by pressure on the screen or a drop off the ground or something.

So basically i want to know if anyone can tell me if it is covered under warranty for repair as its under 12months old? Also as its the 3rd time im sending it back should i be looking for a new phone or are they gonna try and say it was my fault for breaking it this time etc?

(Sorry im actually in england at the moment so i cant just go to shop and ask these questions myself :mad: )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

+bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Exactly the same happened to me, phone was in pocket, took it out and screen was shattered inside. Not hit against anything. It seems to be quite common with these phones.

When it happened to me (only a week old:eek:)) I brought it back but they said it was user damage so they wouldnt fix it under guarantee. Wanted to charge me 80euros which was just a little under the price of a new one. I said no thanks.

Quick look on ebay and you will find replacement screens for about 12e delivered. Also take a look on youtube for a video of 5200 being taken apart and see if you wanna try replace it yourself. Try it its not that hard. Worked for me:D Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Niall is bang on, Get a screen off ebay with the screwdriver included, it's an easy fix.....it should take you no longer than 15 minutes and you'll learn a usefull skill....just don't try and change the screen on an LG Prada....it will end in tears.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it's extremely common with those phones. It's really a design flaw with them but unfortunately they won't fix it for free or give you a new one. as the above posters said, get a screen on ebay

Hi guys, just an update. My girlfriend dropped my phone into vodafone on grafton street (sent her in as obviously she mightnt loose the plot like me :) )

Anyways seemingly they are getting an ass load of them returned (they must have a warehouse full of them as they are still selling them!) But they told her i would be issued with a new phone because it was 3rd time to send it back.
    She asked that i wouldnt get the same one but one of the same value (because of the faults!) So we will wait and see how it goes!

• Advertisement

I got a new phone, unfortunately the same one again despite my trying to negotiate otherwise. Hopefully this one lasts, although il be sending it back immediately if theres even the slightest flaw.

Advertisement