Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Maine Coon kitten

Options
  • 07-04-2008 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

I'm looking for a Maine coon kitten for sale
    Want it to be 12-13 weeks old and have
    had all the needed shots.
    Preferably Female and color of white/silver.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Was looking at them myself, bloody dear. I was onto the crowd in the ad last thursday, they've 6 at the moment.

www.Colinsgarden.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Shlid

Thx guys

Was looking at them myself, bloody dear. I was onto the crowd in the ad last thursday, they've 6 at the moment.

www.Colinsgarden.net
    there are big cats arent they as i looked at that website 25 pound weights blimey its just as heavy as a full grown dog:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

davey180 wrote: »
    there are big cats arent they as i looked at that website 25 pound weights blimey its just as heavy as a full grown dog:eek:
    That is an extreme weight for a coon. To be honest most males barely reach 15.
    OP if you want to see some coons and talk to people about owning them and where to get them check out some of the cat shows.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~sabcci/frameset.htm

• Advertisement

OP if you want to see some coons and talk to people about owning them and where to get them check out some of the cat shows.

its not me looking for one:rolleyes:It was on the first post from Shlid.Iwas just interested to see what they are:rolleyes::D

Yeh thats what i thought at first too but the only cat show i found is one that is the Sabcci cat show on 27 April . do u know any sites to find more in Ireland ?

lol didnt c that link u put up till after i posted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

davey180 wrote: »
    its not me looking for one:rolleyes:It was on the first post from Shlid.Iwas just interested to see what they are:rolleyes::D

lol davey180 - the "OP" bit of Themadhouse's post suggests that the second part of his/her answer was directed at Shlid. :D OP is an abbreviation for Original Poster :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I would take the time to learn about Maine Coons, dont jump in to getting the first kitten you are offered. There are a few breeders in Ireland but they will want to learn about you first and your knowledge of cats. I find people see big cats like the coons and jump straight into getting one without really thinking about it, ie they should be kept indoors, they need really big enclosed litter trays, they can be bossy with other cats they need to be groomed maybe even washed every now and again. They are also fantastic cats who adore their humans.
    You should be talking about waiting a coule of months for a kitten, if you are offered one straight away i would be concerned. Check out the breeder thoroughly.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help guys i finally decided what im gunna do :P
    Im gunna just get a normal cat from a pound cause my friends are saying that they need more help ^^ maybe once im better at raising cats i can look around for a Maine coon xD Thanks for all the help anyways ^^

Shlid wrote: »
    Thanks for your help guys i finally decided what im gunna do :P
    Im gunna just get a normal cat from a pound cause my friends are saying that they need more help ^^ maybe once im better at raising cats i can look around for a Maine coon xD Thanks for all the help anyways ^^
    good thinking shlid by the time you get the hang of cats youd do anything good luck with rehoming a cat.

Advertisement