Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Annoying splash page still problems

Options
  • 07-04-2008 11:21pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone still have splash page problems? Mine is going on for months and they cant seem to clear it, and they ring me every two days to ask.
    Its bad enough once a day but every single time to connect to the internet is head wrecking.
    Must be an easier way :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

yep - still irritating the hell out of me. All I can suggest is if enough of us ring often about it they might remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i got rid of it after about 2 months of calls so it is possible. The last thing i told them before they fixed it was that java apps weren't working

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

davton wrote: »
    Anyone still have splash page problems? Mine is going on for months and they cant seem to clear it, and they ring me every two days to ask.

At least they are calling you LOL!!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

well true ye,, they have seemed a little better as of late,, but stil cant get rid of it.

Just a question tho, in my3 does your mobile bundle appear your data allowance or your monthly charges, mine says no data allowance. or is 'data allowance' referring towards the modem side of things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

what is this annoying splash page anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

towel401 wrote: »
    what is this annoying splash page anyway?
    Its the warning notice that you are about to pay cause outside the 3 free area. It says it will come out of your data bundle or if not you will be charge 49cent a KB. At the bottom of the page it states it will appear once a week, for me anyway it appears EVERY SINGLE TIME I CONNECT! it just to appear just once a week till a few months back when it started all the time.

Basically a white page to click 'continue' to accept the warning.

Its the warning notice that you are about to pay cause outside the 3 free area. It says it will come out of your data bundle or if not you will be charge 49cent a KB. At the bottom of the page it states it will appear once a week, for me anyway it appears EVERY SINGLE TIME I CONNECT! it just to appear just once a week till a few months back when it started all the time.

that is quite annoying. can you check email and do other stuff before you have opened a browser and clicked away the splash page?

that is quite annoying. can you check email and do other stuff before you have opened a browser and clicked away the splash page?

As in 3mail? Not sure excatly what you mean,, but you can browse anywhere in the my3, 3 portal area, but when going to a link outside or any other website as the webpage is about to appear this warning appears instead. then click continue, and it goes till reconnecting again. I remember reading on here that someone was minimizing the browser just to avoid the page, its defo annoying!

As in 3mail? Not sure excatly what you mean,, but you can browse anywhere in the my3, 3 portal area, but when going to a link outside or any other website as the webpage is about to appear this warning appears instead. then click continue, and it goes till reconnecting again. I remember reading on here that someone was minimizing the browser just to avoid the page, its defo annoying!

pop3 email, imap and that

another call today saying it has being elevated higher in the tech support and should be solved within the next few days. We've heard that line before, can always hope though

• Advertisement

you don't have your browser set to delete all cookies each time you close it?

No i thought that could have been the problem but i checked it already.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Strange I've never got it once

But theres something wrong with my a/c anyway, apparently im signed up to mobile broadband and can't add on any more internet packages because I have them all, even though I never signed up to any and never get charged for any.

I only use the internet on the phone for checking my gmail and a few sites here and there and end up only getting charged about 70c a month, works for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that's not the problem. when i was getting the page i had cookies turned on and when the problem went away i hadn't done anything to the phone. also, phone's that didn't have the problem normally, got it when i put my sim in.

the problem boils down to 3 customer care haven't a clue what they're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jaykayphd

I have an issue with this splash page also. When I use ebay on my phonem which says it is free to use for all 3 customers with no data charges, after I choose to enter ebay this page pops up telling me I shall be charged, even though the previous page says no data charges.
    I rang custmer services who hadn't a clue what I was on about. Anyone else have this problem? I am actually getting charged for a supposed free site!

jaykayphd wrote: »
    I have an issue with this splash page also. When I use ebay on my phonem which says it is free to use for all 3 customers with no data charges, after I choose to enter ebay this page pops up telling me I shall be charged, even though the previous page says no data charges.
    I rang custmer services who hadn't a clue what I was on about. Anyone else have this problem? I am actually getting charged for a supposed free site!

most of them don't know about the page, it takes effort! they always think its the data modem for some reason, taught it was a text message also. think she got confused with the text you get if your over your allowance

Advertisement