Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core Estate Management

Options
  • 07-04-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone heard of the above co- a new management agent. Believe they are offering great savings above what you may currently pay and a premium level service??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,258 ✭✭✭markpb

I got a letter from them today addressed to all the directors of my management company. We hadn't considered moving MA before but I'd be interested to hear from anyone else how's dealt with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

our apartment complex switched from Wyse to Core E.M. about 18months ago. Service fees are slightly less than the previous company, and the response time for emergencies (burst waste pipes in carpark) and minor everyday things have been very positive so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Was there a lot of legalities involved in moving mgt agents - did all owners have to agree and was there much documentation - before raising the posibility need to know whether people view it as worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

what2do wrote: »
    Was there a lot of legalities involved in moving mgt agents - did all owners have to agree and was there much documentation - before raising the posibility need to know whether people view it as worth the effort.

I'm not sure what legalities have to be taken care of, you should take advice on that.
    I'm not on the board of directors for my building, and the first I heard of the changeover was a letter from the new management co saying we had switched. So it looks like you don't need to ask all the owners/residents for their approval!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,258 ✭✭✭markpb

It wouldn't necessarily involve the owners, it would be a decision for the directors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

There is very little work to change management agent. It just takes a decision from the board of directors. To be nice and polite, you could hold an EGM and put it to a vote.

We replaced our previous management agent. We simply informed them (in writing) that their services were no longer required as of a certain date, and we signed a contract (1 year, renewable) with our new agent. The hardest part was getting all the documentation from the previous MA.

But, the process is simple enough.

You have to also consider a lot more than JUST the MA fee. There may be hidden costs in the provision of other services (as we had with our previous MA).

Advertisement