Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 350 dead after update

Options
  • 07-04-2008 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Help! I got my Nuvi 350 five days ago and over the weekend updated ,through Garmin webupdater, my software to 2008 city nav.
    It froze on first reboot afterwards so I hit the reset button and now it's completely dead.
    I think I've killed it after only 5 days!!!Any help would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,382 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you needed to upgrade your maps to 2008 City Navigator you should have ordered a DVD from Garmin, webupdater updates the unit s/w, not the maps. You could try downloading a standalone version of the 350 s/w from this website, attach the unit to your PC with a USB cable and run the update program, if this doesn't work you'll have to send it back to Garmin.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00455-00

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Thanks,it's winging it's way back to garmin right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

That happens a lot with the webupdater ,you can download the update and do it directly from your pc,it always works.

The problem with the webupdater is it often looses communication during the update ,without you knowing . Then when you've disconnected ,it distroys the bios.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,382 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Except with the Nuvi 2xx series you have no choice, they don't allow you to download a standalone version of the upgrade so you have to use webupdater.

Maybye when they get tired of all the returns from people whose webupdater got interupted and have to send the unit back they'll see the error of their ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

coylemj wrote: »
    Except with the Nuvi 2xx series you have no choice, they don't allow you to download a standalone version of the upgrade so you have to use webupdater.

Maybye when they get tired of all the returns from people whose webupdater got interupted and have to send the unit back they'll see the error of their ways.

Sorry about that ,I didn't realise it wasn't available for the 2 seriers:o

The safest bet is to turn off anti-virus/firewall software ,allow the program to run as administrator etc.

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to update it ,it's an absolute pain in the arse when the unit won't even boot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement