Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8GB

Options
  • 07-04-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Am looking at getting one of these phones. Any one got any have any comments on its use or any bad experiences.

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

hi bud thinking of getting one myself havnt heard to much apart from that the battery only lasts about a day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

jambofc wrote: »
    hi bud thinking of getting one myself havnt heard to much apart from that the battery only lasts about a day :eek:

incorrect. if you dont have too many apps running in the background it lasts longer. mine lasts 2-3 days (switched off every night) with bluetooth on all the time, but it varies depending on how many calls i make.

anybody who tells you different either doesn't know how to use their phone or has a faulty battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Had mine for 4 months now - great phone!
    Battery life is actually fine if you consider the many features! My other favourite is a nokia e61 - a model praised for its great battery. Watching videos or browsing the web there really is not such a big difference in terms of battery life!
    It really depends on what you're doing and how you do it - plus: a lot of rumours die hard...the n95/8 is not the n95!!! But a lot of people still regurgitate probs that were only true for the first n95's...
    If you get an n95/8, you won't regret it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

incorrect. if you dont have too many apps running in the background it lasts longer. mine lasts 2-3 days (switched off every night) with bluetooth on all the time, but it varies depending on how many calls i make.

anybody who tells you different either doesn't know how to use their phone or has a faulty battery.

If you switch the phone off every night then it doesn't really last 2 to 3 days. When people say days they usually mean a 24 hour period. Know a few people who have one and battery life is always a complaint. But still a great phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Well, whoever has told you about the poor battery life is really talking bull. Mine lasts 3.5 days (i don't turn it off at night - and i use it as an alarm clock). I only turn bluetooth on when travelling in the car to connect to CK7W car kit, but this is twice a day. Probably 25 minutes of calls per day (varies), i use the camera, lots of texts etc.

I now use Mail for Exchange also which involves the phone checking for new email every fifteen minutes. All in all i have to say it's a quality phone - the voice quality is very impressive which is a huge thing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Yeah,
    battery-life debates....lol

often it's important to really probe, you know: what phones have they used before, what do they do with the phone etc etc... A colleague of mine was constantly bitchin* about the n73's battery life, until one day I noticed the bluetooth light flashing...turned out he had it always on because he didn't know that was the bt indicator, nor that he had the bt switched on!!! With wm's a lot of users leave apps minimised when they "close" them, unaware they have to kill them properly...
    Plenty of anecdotes to suggest a good number of complaints re battery life are based on ignorance(like for the first time using internet on the phone, or playing videos and counting that as standby time, "duh, I made no calls, just watched 10 movies and it's empty, maaan!"..., or they just don't like the phone and it's just a random standard complaint!!!

what's the prob with charging anyways??? Some batteries btw need to be charged as often as possible for a maximum life-time/performance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

myself and a few of the guys at work bought n95's when they came out and one of them has since upgraded to the 8gb model so we've done quite a few comparisons.

he says battery life is 5-10% better on the 8gb than his old model anyway.

the screen is a tiny bit bigger than the older n95 but is significantly sharper looking side by side and the menu buttons are a little closer together to make room for the bigger screen too.

personally with my original n95 battery life isn't an issue. I keep a charger by my bed and that's where the phone lives when i'm asleep, happily charging away.

if I use the camera and/or gps a lot though it won't last the day without a top-up charge, but just using it as a phone i can usually get 2-3 days use out of it, even leaving it on overnight but that would be with only a couple of short calls. if i have a busy day or two it'll usually conk out before the end of day 2.

all in all a great phone tho, well worth the money, esp. if vodafone are still doing that half price offer thing they had on the other week.

Advertisement