Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 1

Options
  • 07-04-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Howdy!

Just walked in the door with my WOW disc. I have one question. Can I install on my PC AND laptop? and access either one depending on how I'm feeling? or can I only use one access point?

Ta Einstein!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

yes you can.

and welcome to a world of ditching work, staying up way too late, ignoring friends and family to complete that last quest, getting fat and so on.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

fantastico!
    Merci Drake! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

HE isnt kidding at all !

AAGGGHHHHH 1.1GB of update patches!!

Booooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hehe they arnt lying..

welcome to the "world of widowmaker"

bye bye social life

• Advertisement

meh...relationships are over rated anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Make a druid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

What realm did you roll on, make sure you roll on a pvp realm. If you dislike it then you can always change to a pve realm, but not the other way around.

If pvp is your thing make sure you roll a warrior/rogue all other classes are just being overlooked and it's turning into world of melee craft in arena.

Other than that best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

If you go to WoWwiki.com they list the sites offering direct downloads of the patches rather then using the peer-to-peer systems Blizzard uses (which is fairly frustrating/annoying/buggy). Remember to note which patch the Blizzard Downloader has started to retrieve, pop to WoWwiki, grab the relevant patch from a download mirror in 1/10th the time, install, repeat as necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

if you have a friend who plays wow the fastest way of getting it "installed" is just to copy his/her wow folder over a cable...i have almost 3GB of patches alone in my wow dir

lolpatchessa2.jpg

also a little advice, roll on one of the newer realms (burning steppes, shattered halls etc.) as the old realms are full of old players who already know everything about the game, and cba explaining for the 9999th time to people. also if ya have any questions just ask here =)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if you have a friend who plays wow the fastest way of getting it "installed" is just to copy his/her wow folder over a cable...i have almost 3GB of patches alone in my wow dir

Definitely save a lot of hassle.
    And if that's out of the question, then at least download the patches on your pc and then copy the WoW folder to your laptop...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

DRakE wrote: »
    yes you can.

and welcome to a world of ditching work, staying up way too late, ignoring friends and family to complete that last quest, getting fat and so on.

all the above are so true, this game we love is so evil:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

DRakE wrote: »
    yes you can.

it's funny cos it's true...

hmm was gonna format my system but didnt wanna go through the hassle of having to get all the updates again, is it possible to copy all the updates onto a dvd, format, re install and just install the updates from the dvd disk? would be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

copeyhagen wrote: »
    hmm was gonna format my system but didnt wanna go through the hassle of having to get all the updates again, is it possible to copy all the updates onto a dvd, format, re install and just install the updates from the dvd disk? would be nice!

You can back up your entire folder, onto some dvds or a portable drive,

And just copy it back over.

Then drag the launcher.exe to your start menu or whatever.

thats class, think ill format in the next day or two. get rid of all the junk

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

If you plan on accessing from different machines I would definately recommend having your install on a portable hard-drive.

I have a main install on my laptop and then just a copy on a hdd, but use the hdd to play. sometimes I get some errors when trying to update the portable hdd. :( so i copy over from the main install and update.

would save time and hassle with having to update addons and patches. then again I have a load of addons!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Use the Curse addon manager, or wowace patcher to manage your addons, they will patch them automagically for you.

Advertisement