Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointing Orthodontic Work

Options
  • 07-04-2008 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

My Girlfriend has had Braces for the last 2 years. Over 6 months ago she got them removed. Unfortunately her teeth where a disgrace. Not what you would expect from 2 years wearing braces. She is utterly disappointed in the result. She got them from a orthodontist in Northern Ireland. We are considering our legal options. Has anybody had any experience of bad orthodontic work and if so what did you do about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

In what way where they a disgrace? IS it the alignment or actual condition of her teeth? If it was the condition (e.g appearance in terms of "marks" etc) then it is her own responsibility for not maintaining her oral hygiene while wearing them for the 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭silliegillie

Everything thats was suppose to be done by an orthodontist and it wasnt. especially alignment.

Did you girlfriend not speak with the Orthodontist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Plek Trum wrote: »
    In what way where they a disgrace? IS it the alignment or actual condition of her teeth? If it was the condition (e.g appearance in terms of "marks" etc) then it is her own responsibility for not maintaining her oral hygiene while wearing them for the 2 years.

I'm due to get braces in soon (hopefully) and had an orthodontist appointment yesterday. They showed me a picture of someone who didn't look after their oral hygiene while wearing the braces. It was awful looking, the braces had to be taken off two months before the end and the persons teeth were black and rotten. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭silliegillie

Its nothing to do with oral hygiene. Its the orthodontic work that was a sham. If anyone has had a similar experience Please let me know what you did about it.

• Advertisement

Its nothing to do with oral hygiene. Its the orthodontic work that was a sham. If anyone has had a similar experience Please let me know what you did about it.

Again, has she spoken with her Orthodontist and expressed her dissatifaction with the results? I'm wondering why you have an issue with it six months after removal - is she meant to wear retainers and hasn't been? I'm not sure what response you are hoping for but the best thing you can do is ring the Orthodontist and set up an appointment asap. Best of luck

Advertisement