Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got Blackberry on a Nokia E61i with Vodafone?

Options
  • 07-04-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I chose a new phone and bought a Nokia E61i at the weekend. Advertised in the Vodafone store as "Blackberry compatible" which was always a must-have feature, what with my being a Crackberry addict and all.

Transferred over all my contact and other data from my previous phone yesterday. Downloaded the Blackberry software from the Nokia website. Rang Vodafone yesterday to get my Blackberry account updated from my old phone to my new. It didn't work. Their Blackberry software didn't recognise my new PIN and IMEI number.

One of the Vodafone technical staff rang me today and checked software versions of the phone browser and Blackberry download. She suspects that the Nokia downloaded software may be incompatible with the Blackberry software, which would involve either RIM or Nokia releasing a software upgrade to fix.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with an E61i? Surely I'm not the only Nokia E61i owner in Ireland wanting to have push e-mail on Vodafone?

Thanks.

Advertisement