Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards pacman smiley...

Options
  • 07-04-2008 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

Ok Ok as the poll says....

Whats the story with the 2 eyes on the pacman smiley :pac: :pac: :pac:? Looks like a 3 year old drew it..most people know that pacman's have 1 eye or no eyes...2 just doesn't cut it :pac: :pac: :pac:..Change our pacman!

Added the bligatory Atari Jaguar option for those of you that dont give a sh1t but need to feed the habit of posting in a poll!

How many eyes should a pacman have.......? 78 votes

None
    0%
    One
    17%
    User45701JosephKnifeWRENCHswingkingDuff Man Jr.IceHawkWillyWonka5starpoolShryke[Deleted User]DavyD_83macrubiconBendihorseJimbo 14 votes
    Two
    42%
    BossArkyde5p0i1erRuu_Oldpretty*monsterRedrocketKingp35The Real B-manMr. CooL ICEThE_IVIAcIVIAIVRbcooperguyMick ShrimptonCutie18IrelandGrumPyjenny retroThomas_S_Huntersonhellboy99MushySteakJonathan 33 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    39%
    CreatureSpastafarianRabiesRobertFosterCapt'n MidnightRE*AC*TORSherifump3guy[Deleted User]DonkeyStyle \o/GlowingKorvanicaEamonnKeanePaulKKHail 2 Da ChimpParsleySaint_MelMahatma coatDordleninbenjamin 31 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

:pac::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ioctl

Atari Jaguar
    Leave our pac alone. He's fine the way he is! :pac:

One
    I presume it's because ALL smilies have 2 eyes. Otherwise, it'd just be pacman, and not a pacman smiley.

Also, pacmen don't have any eyes, but for the reasons outlined above, he shouldn't be :pac:hanged.

Two
    This has really hit a spot with you Tony :)

Gotta be one !

Atari Jaguar
    :pac: > 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Two
    I presume it's because ALL smilies have 2 eyes. Otherwise, it'd just be pacman, and not a pacman smiley.

Also, pacmen don't have any eyes, but for the reasons outlined above, he shouldn't be :pac:hanged.

Yeah but all smileys are head on views, but a pacman smiley is a side view..
    KaG1888 wrote: »
    This has really hit a spot with you Tony :)

Gotta be one !

I still dont know what it signifies just yet..people just tend to throw it in as a combo of :rolleyes: , :eek: and :p!

I havent been able to sleep the last 2 weeks worrying about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

It's not our pacman smiley, it's nicked from somethingawful.com forums.
    Flushdraw wrote: »
    Looks like a 3 year old drew it!

That's part of the charm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

Atari Jaguar
    Now we need to nick a few more good ones around the web

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Two
    JavaBear wrote: »
    Now we need to nick a few more good ones around the web

Amen!

I'd love to see a "w@nker" smiley....the reply to so many posts on this forum could be summarised into one little smiley :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey we've only just got him back and now you're complaining about him? Some people eh? Never happy with what they have!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Definitely Atari Jaguar. :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

clearly a salvador dali pacman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

It's perfect as is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I love him:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's a pac-asso... (sorry)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Atari Jaguar
    I think the eyes have it! /motion carried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

GTFO tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Atari Jaguar
    its not pacman to me, moreso the facial interpretation of a "baddum-tish" drum roll.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have never found a fitting place for the pacman smiley until now. :pac:

Now i feel dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Two
    Is work very quiet today Tony??? ;) :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

pfft. n00b.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Two
    1 or none.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Atari Jaguar
    He doesn't look as care-free with just one - http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1650/pacmanes4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

One
    Did anyone ever think that maybe it's a copyright issue?
    We don't want the notorious Pacman corporation suing, do we?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Did anyone ever think that maybe it's a copyright issue?
    We don't want the notorious Pacman corporation suing, do we?

Yes, but if we get to the power pills first then we can eat them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

:pac: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Atari Jaguar
    what surprises me is that there isnt more fuss from the ladies about a PacMiss icon, y'know with the red bow in the hair n'all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

what surprises me is that there isnt more fuss from the ladies about a PacMiss icon, y'know with the red bow in the hair n'all
    I always thought it was weird that the female pacman was called miss pacman. Surely miss pacman would be gender confused pacman.

Advertisement