Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fur Coat

Options
  • 07-04-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

I was left a lovely fur coat by my aunt,I wont wear it so I am wondering if a fur shop would buy it or what is the best way to sell it.
    I am not sure if Im in the right place for this post ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Miss Dee

how about trying e-bay

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

I dunno if they would buy it but you could always try that Barnardo's place on the bottom of Grafton Street. It's just opposite the Molly Malone statute. If they won't buy it they might be able to point you in the direction of someone who will

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What's it like?

You should consider keeping it as an antique or heirloom. You never know when you're an old lady it might be the height of fashion amongst your peers. :)

I have a mink stole left to me by my granny. It has the heads and legs and the lot on it! :eek:

I'd never wear it, but I'm keeping it because it's so weird and wonderful. My cousin got the matching hat, which is sadly devoid of heads. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Harlequin, the vintage shop at the bottom entrance to the George's St Arcade (can't remember the name of the street, possibly Clarendon) would definitely buy it from you.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Is it a fashion issue or a moral one? +1 for Ebay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

There are 4 furriers in Dublin, they at least may be able to value it for you. I also was left a mink coat and it worth about 15k so don't lose on it if it is worth something. Here are their names:

Donnelly Sean
    11 Harcourt st 2 Co. Dublin

Sydney Vard Furriers
    29 sth Anne st Dublin 2 Co. Dublin

Rohu Furriers Ltd
    Castle Market (Off Drurys st) 2 Co. Dublin

Barnardo Furriers Ltd
    108 Grafton St 2(Opp Trinity Coll) Co. Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Thanks Miss Fluff I think I will have it valued first.
    SexyD4Lady I will keep the Vintage shop in mind.
    XZANTI, I dont think I will ever wear it,its not me so it is a fashion issue.
    Although I have a cousin who was approached by a lady in an airport.My cousin was wearing a full length Fox Fur at the time,the lady said"Do you know how many animals had to be killed to make that coat"at which my cousin replyed "and I had to sleep with one to get it(her hubby).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

Your cousin is my hero :)
    I'm not a pro-fur person at all, but I don't think it's right going up to random people and criticising them, sure fu(k knows they could have just come from a funeral, had a really bad day, or be carrying a massive ak47 under that coat, and now you've just pissed them off, well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mattyboy20

Ring PETA and ask them to value it for you-they won't help you a lot but you sure willl have a laugh when they start going psycho at you over the phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

holly1 wrote: »
    I was left a lovely fur coat by my aunt,I wont wear it so I am wondering if a fur shop would buy it or what is the best way to sell it.
    I am not sure if Im in the right place for this post ??

Try the animal and pet issues forum! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭noelo

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    There are 4 furriers in Dublin, they at least may be able to value it for you. I also was left a mink coat and it worth about 15k so don't lose on it if it is worth something. Here are their names:

Donnelly Sean
    11 Harcourt st 2 Co. Dublin

Sydney Vard Furriers
    29 sth Anne st Dublin 2 Co. Dublin

Rohu Furriers Ltd
    Castle Market (Off Drurys st) 2 Co. Dublin

Barnardo Furriers Ltd
    108 Grafton St 2(Opp Trinity Coll) Co. Dublin
    funny reading this old post 5 years as it is, my mother worked for sean since the age of 13 as a furrier (learning the trade) and you know that he was'n really a furrier but a sheepskin man. and interesting fact:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Five year old thread, locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement