Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serenity - 2.99 in HMV (Galway)

Options
  • 06-04-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

As it says Serenity - 2.99 in HMV (Galway). Not sure if it's the same in other HMV's but too cheap not to pick up at that price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pity it's an awful film though, good price nonetheless.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cremo wrote: »

It is in its foot. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean others wont.

Already have to copies (dvd & HDDVD) but any one who is into Sci-fi will really like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Cremo wrote: »

If you saw the original show Firefly (and, obviously, enjoyed it) then I think you'd have a newfound appreciation for it. Especially as the show was cancelled despite it, IMHO, being the best thing on TV then and now. (OK BSG is a contender.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It took a while to get into the Firefly series and then they cut it .. but the film was pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

"I used to pick on the nerds who worked here. It gave me an enormous sense of importance. They got wise, though, and they began to hide. They hid so damn well that I could never find them. But they're NERDS man. They cant hide forever! They have weaknesses!

So one day, in a bad mood and with an unsullied nerd-whomping stick, I stood on top of the water cooler and hollered : "MAN, THAT SERENITY MOVIE SURE DOES SUCK". That did the trick. They appeared from EVERYWHERE. Hell, I musta wallomped at least 15 of them while they were expressing their outrage on their Blogs & forums.....
    " - Dennis Miller :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Serenity IS a good film. There are a lot of good things about it. I'm not into sci-fi, and even my ex-gf who is nowhere near into sci-fi liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Its a great movie... Have it on DVD n HD along with the TV series which is like a load of little movies... Its fantastic and for €2.99 its a steal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

dvds in tasco only 2.20 last weakend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

As it says Serenity - 2.99 in HMV (Galway). Not sure if it's the same in other HMV's but too cheap not to pick up at that price.

Its in all the HMVS

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭WEST

With Cremo on this one. Watched it without even hearing about Firefly and thought it was average. Two of my flats mates were watching it too and they gave up watching it half way through.

Might just go and buy firefly and watch Serenity again.

• Advertisement

If it was any good then they wouldn't be flogging it off for €2.99.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Gets 8/10 on imdb.com which is always a good sign.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

If it was any good then they wouldn't be flogging it off for €2.99.....

I've seen them sell the untouchables, scarface, once upon at time in New York and Goodfellas at under a fiver before in various sales. Price is no indication of quality. More than ever in this case. Serenity is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Great film, definitely worth it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I watched it and then had to go out and buy the complete series of Firefly cause it was so good. It has everything you'd want in a film - a great story, plenty of action, a little horror, great humour, likable characters and of course hot women. What the hell else would you want??????

Advertisement