Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which sony walkman is best to upgrade to from a sony k610i?

Options
  • 06-04-2008 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

ive just been on the gsmarena forum and it says that the k range of sonys emphasises the camera ph.

i have a k610i but want to upgrade to and was considering getting a k550i but the above forum has changed my mind and now i want a walkman.

im looking for something with a decent fm radio. im on the o2 network which doesnt have any walkman upgrades so im willing to change networks.

there are a lot of walkmans out there so just thought someone on here could recommend something in the irish market

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Hey iv had sony walkman phones now for the last two years and i wouldnt puy any other type of phone to be honest.. Great phones i dropped my last one into water and its still working prefect it was a w550i. I now have a w810i which iv dropped in water twice:eek: and nearly drop it every day:rolleyes: and its still going strong.. They have a nice one on meteor Sony Ericsson W580i
    Link http://www.meteor.ie/personal/phones/details/id=24.html

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

NB: If you're on O2 already, they have the W580i also: SonyEricsson W580i

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Do not get the w580i, it has terrible trouble with it's software and constantly freezes and crashes. It's a lovely looking phone but it's plagued with problems. The w610i on the other hand that solitaryman666 linked too is a much better phone. It's almost identical in features to the w810i and gets great reviews unlike the w580i.

Myself I've a w810i and I just bought a w850i. Walkman phones ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If your looking for 3g also: w910i on voda, w910i & w660i on 3.
    Not sure about o2 or meteor:)

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    If your looking for 3g also: w910i on voda, w910i & w660i on 3.
    Not sure about o2 or meteor:)

Unfortunately Meteor doesn't yet have a 3G network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

thanks for the replies lads. i had a look round today and the 610i seems to be the best value. the assistants in the shops seem to be pushing the nokia 5310 express though.

i enquired about the w810i but no one seems to sell it anymore. any ideas on where to buy it as i havent heard a bad word about it?

if i cant get that it looks like the w610i

also is it best to buy in store or purchase online. the shop assistants were saying that if anything goes wrong with the ph that was bought online it cant be brought to the store for repair.

forgot to ask,

does the w610i come with the same pc suite software that the k610i has? I didnt find that easy to use when moving music from my pc

also what are the benefits of 3g? I know my k610i is enabled but im not techie enough to understand its uses.

The w810i is still advertised as being available in the Meteor stores, so pop along and have a look. In relation to their saying that they can't help you if your phone goes faulty after being it online, that sounds like a load of poppy cock. You've bought the phone from Meteor and you have multiple rights to have the phone looked after both at a national and EU level.

If you had the disc2phone software with your other phone then I imagine it's the same for the w610i. However if you get a memory card reader (they are pretty cheap) you can just copy and paste the music onto the memory card. It's quicker and easier than using the software.

3G basically means you have a faster connection to the internet than GPRS. It also allows for video calling, but Meteor don't have a 3G network setup just yet.

it was o2 that said you couldnt bring it to the store.

i also was in meteor today and they said they dont sell the 810 anymore. none of either 02, meteor, 3g, vodafone or carphone warehouse had it which i thought was strange. any review site ive checked raves about the 810

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

eo980 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Meteor doesn't yet have a 3G network.

W910 is expected on meteor soon. Prices seem to have been set up and its looking like its going to be a steal. Can't comment any further :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

neilled wrote: »
    W910 is expected on meteor soon. Prices seem to have been set up and its looking like its going to be a steal. Can't comment any further :)

Yeah the sales chap in Meteor told me it was due next month. I went home and read many reviews of it which state that it suffers the same freezing and crashing that the w580i suffers from so I decided to pass on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 monkey27

I bought a phone online from o2 and had problems with it after a few months went back to the store and was told that they can look after the phone after the first month... I think within the first month it has to be sent back to the online store to do with different stock or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

w910 is available from meteor now. Price is a mere 69 euro dropping down to 29 depending in tarrif.

Advertisement