Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proper DSL Broadband in Knockcroghery?

Options
  • 06-04-2008 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

Thinking about moving down to Knockcroghery / Corboley from Dublin.

Lots of great houses.. seems to be a lovely area. Hasn't really changed too much since the last time I was there about 15years ago.

We're originally from Lanesboro, so we're looking forward to being closer to our folks again.

My Wife will be working from home a couple of days a week.. so Broadband is a must. I've been on the broadband.gov w/site and see the options - but really would love to hear from anyone with some first hand experience from the area itself.

Just wondering if DSL is widespread / available at all? Is it available in the Village / Outskirts? Is it pure S***? :D

I know there is wireless with Last Mile.. but obviously proper BB would be preferable.

We're not totally fixed on Knockcroghery.. its just research really at this stage. But we really love the area.

Cheers,

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Lastmile, more like "last chance", avoid them if there are other options. Not from the area, but dsl is available AFAIK. A guy i used work with came form there and has BT dsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Yeah - Last Mile - Name gives so much hope doesnt it?

I'll avoid like the plague if I can..

Nice one for saying about your Mate.

Just heard from a Guy this evening who lives down there. Seems like there is a pretty good possiblity of it being available in the town / on the main road area.

Things are looking up!!

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MTG Ros

We found the best Broadband and cheapest to be 3

We were told initially that it wouldn't work that there was no coverage but when we brought it home and connected it, it worked perfectly.

If i were you don't touch Last mile at all, they take ages to connect if at all expect money up front and when they don't connect refuse to return money. Another crowd which are good but a little pricey would be Brisknet which are situated on the Racecourse Road in Roscommon. but the house much be in line of site of the Mast on the top of tullyroe hill. I do know one or two people in Corboley that have got it and have found it pretty good.

Or if all else fails get a phone line and get Eircom Broadband, works just as well.

Hope this helps and welcome to the area

Teresa. :)

Just in case it helps anyone..

BB is available down here / there.. Certainly in the village & anywhere on the beaten track with D'landline.

Also heard there are a couple of exchanges in the Roscommon side of Athlone that are being enabled v.soon - from an Eircom friend of mine.

So heres to the future! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

We moved from galway city to Roscommon town and we have Eircom at work which is great, and brisknet at home which is very dissapointing. As for moving down have you thought about roscommon town, its pretty good for its size just a pity theres no cinema but the arts center is very good. It might be better than Knockcroghery regarding services/shops/restaurants.
    Best of luck with the move

• Advertisement

Roscommon.. to be honest - not really.

Anyway.. You're only 5mins from it.

We're originally from Lanesborough & are looking forward to it.

We live in Co.Dublin currently & its fairly quiet were we live anyway, but as I intend to work in Athlone (:pac:) at some point - in the hopefully near future, it would just be handier in Knockcroghery.

Knockcroghery is a fantastic little place. Cannnot wait. Moving on Saturday.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Meant to do this ages ago.. Its been a while.

I thought I'd leave an update for anyone who is interested or finds this post doing a search..

DSL Broadband is working grand in Knockcroghery.. Absolutely fine.

We're in the Village itself & have the BB with Eircom.. But no problems with it at all.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

@ ICN: Cheers. Anyone know if it's available/reliable/fast down around Curry level crossing area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Pique wrote: »
    @ ICN: Cheers. Anyone know if it's available/reliable/fast down around Curry level crossing area?

Hi Pique,
    I live further past and have 1mb some have 3mb.so not too bad.
    Regards,
    Redriddick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement